If I’m game planning against the Saints (1 Viewer)

Gentilly504

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I’m stacking the line and daring the Saints to go over the top to beat me. I’m shock no one try it yet. So far, Raiders and Packers had played Deep not to get beat. If I’m the lions, I’m not playing for the deep ball.

Deucewildin

Rookie
Reaction score
And we’ll still beat you it’s doesn’t take a rocket scientist we put up 30,34,34 we can score even without the deep ball. Teams are able to double Cook they couldn’t do that before with Mike it’s allowing and opening up the underneath passes we see Kamara YPC jump. The lions or any other team understand the saints are still deadly just not as lethal on O

Icon

Veteran
Reaction score
I’m stacking the line and daring the Saints to go over the top to beat me. I’m shock no one try it yet. So far, Raiders and Packers had played Deep not to get beat. If I’m the lions, I’m not playing for the deep ball.
Gosh, I haven't seen many people discussing the Saints and long passes in the last couple of weeks.

Saintslfc13

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Other teams have more respect for our players than you do apparently. Stack the line and then Kamara makes a guy miss for a house call or Murray bursts pass into the secondary and trucks a safety and that's a TD. Sanders catches a slant 3 yard slant that goes the distance because he just has one guy to beat. We call a deep shot and get single coverage and Drew lets it fly to shut the doubters up.

The other guys get paid to play too. We've been subpar, certainly below expectations, but realistically we've lost exactly 1 game we shouldn't have on paper. Even then some here had that MNF game against the raiders in their inauguration at the new stadium as a loss for optics. The packers were always gonna be tough, with fans that's a different game. Without fans we went toe to toe despite all the defensive woes and the turning point was ultimately a fumble by one of our more reliable offensive players. It happens, if it gets corrected we'll be fine, if it doesn't we'll be drafting our QB of the future.

Cgrob81

Banned
Reaction score
And if game planning on offense, I would go play action and throw it deep every time. The receivers will either have our secondary beat or the Saints will get a def pass interference flag. Very simple

Eman5805

Soulful Voice Actor
Reaction score
You think like a fan. Coaches think like coaches. Even film study backs up the notion that the Packers were determined to keep the Saints underneath. Brees and Payton said as much too. You dare us to go deep, and I think we still can and would.

The zeitgeist that Brees' arm is pathetic and wimp like a shriveled up, Benjamin Button baby arm is too far. He's weaker. He's also less confident in his ability to fit into a tight window through double coverage like 9 years ago. But if someone is open, he's gonna let it fly.

Ti Rider

Me Worry?
Reaction score
Game planning the Saints is incredibly easy these days.

Against the Saints Offense - 11 in the box. You can single cover deep routes with a Safety. Don’t worry Brees will hesitate on deep throws (he no longer trusts his arm) allowing your pass rush and coverage to get there. Go for the sure tackle because Saints receivers are no threat for YAC. In the first quarter concentrate on stopping the running game. This will pay off quickly because Sean Payton will completely abandon the running game unless it’s breaking off big chunks in the first quarter. Also don’t panic if Kamara or Murray get ”hot” Payton will self sabotage and pull that RB for long periods.

Against the Saints Defense - two words - Dennis Allen. Stick with your playbook. This isn’t the Saints of 5 years ago, they aren’t a quick scoring team anymore. Stick with your running game it’ll help set up big play action passes later on. Dial up a few deep throws. This will either result in a huge catch or pass interference. Also the Saints D is extremely mentally fragile - after they give up a couple of big plays they will collectively quit. At that point you’ll have the lead and besides a bunch of garbage time yards and trash time TDs you’ll have a relatively easy win.

Oh and without the fans the Superdome is just another field. The Refs will actively help you out against the Saints (even when they‘re the “home team”) so tell your QB and WRs to do the “throw the flag” arm wave after every incomplete pass - it will result in calls. Holding is only called against the Saints so have your O and D do it

Last edited:

GeneHansen

Veteran
Reaction score
So your gameplan would be to the opposite of the 2 teams who have beat us?

BelowZero

Professional Troll
Reaction score
But if someone is open, he's gonna let it fly.
Tell that to Harris and Sanders, they were both open all night. Specifically that Harris go route where he was pretty much all alone about five yards out from the end zone. Even then, he was double clutching all night long. It's not that he was double clutching all night so much that's concerning, it's the fact that he was doing it against a secondary that, while good, is no Legion of Boom. They can be passed on. Same thing was happening against the Raiders.

At this point, it's more 'if someone is open within ten yards, he's gonna let it fly. Kamara had a monster game as a direct result of that on Sunday night.

saintszks

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Losing MT13 is much more significant than we want to admit. Yes we are putting up points, but just adding him to the fold forces defenses to account for another elite player. Week 1 we moved the ball up and down the field with ease.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Missing Sanders and Thomas, Saints add WRs Carr and Johnson to roster ahead of Panthers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints to use Austin Carr, Juwan Johnson as COVID-19 replacements, activate Will Clapp too for game vs. Panthers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Ryan Ramczyk on Staying Focused, Week 7 Game Plan | Saints vs. Panthers Week 7 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Joe Brady's path to NFL offensive coordinator comes full circle with game against Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas ruled out for Sunday's game against the Panthers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
BLUE_DOG_MAN Tickets available for this weeks game!! Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
jasonsw N/S Good News in Raiders/Bucs game (No more positive Covid test). Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Dan in Lafayette Trey Hendrickson on Saints D-Line, Week 7 Game Plan | Saints vs. Panthers Week 7 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Alvin Kamara Talks Saints Run Game, Teddy Bridgewater | Saints vs. Panthers Week 7 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Lottery game tickets Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
Dan in Lafayette Saints fans can be in that number of 3,000 for Carolina game in the Superdome Sunday SR News Page Articles 0
Saints to allow fans in Superdome for Panthers game, reveal approach for fan attendance Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints, LaToya Cantrell reach compromise for 3,000 fans to attend Panthers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints: 3,000 fans allowed to attend Panthers game Sunday Saints RSS News Feeds 0
3,000 fans will be allowed in the dome for Sunday's game vs. Carolina [MERGED] Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 59
Panthers plan for Christian McCaffrey to miss at least one more game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bill N/S Arizona @ Dallas Game Thread Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 257
Report: Panthers shut down facility ahead of Saints game after unconfirmed positive test Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints 1st Quarter + 1 Game Report Card (Offense, Special Teams, Coaches) SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette WATCH: South Carolina CB Jaycee Horn, Joe Horn's son, has the game of his life vs. Auburn SR News Page Articles 0
Saints WR Michael Thomas says he'll be back next week for Panthers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Kamara Cowboys threat to Saints record for yards/game in a season Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 8
Saints should start Jameis over Brees during an 'easy' 4-game stretch - Domonique Foxworth Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 116
Report: Michael Thomas held out of Chargers game and fined, not suspended by Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Game Balls from the Saints 30-27 Overtime Thriller Over the Chargers SR News Page Articles 0
Overreactions from the Saints Week 5 game against the Chargers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Section41 Fans for Panthers game 10/25? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
Penalty for C.J. Gardner-Johnson helmet toss wouldn’t have extended last night’s game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
HouseCall N/S Looks like the Raiders won’t be giving the Saints much help against the Bucs this Sunday. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 20
Does Sean Payton still script first several offensive plays, and if so, could teams use that against us? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
New Orleans Saints rookie roundup: Week 5 against the Chargers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Taker597 In two weeks, Defense will play against our own Offensive System run by Joe Brady. Thoughts? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 31
Saints K Wil Lutz named NFC Special Teams Player of Week after outing against Chargers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
DerrickB Saints Recap of the Saints 30-27 Overtime Victory Against the Chargers Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
Beignets and Café au Lait: Saints Escape with 30-27 Overtime Win Against Chargers Saints RSS News Feeds 0