If I’m game planning against the Saints (2 Viewers)

The only thing your stacking the line against us is when Taysom is playing QB. 98% of the time we are running! That **** has to change! Payton needs to draw up more pass plays when Taysom is at QB. That RPO is not going to work when all you do is run from it!!

The only thing your stacking the line against us is when Taysom is playing QB. 98% of the time we are running! That **** has to change! Payton needs to draw up more pass plays when Taysom is at QB. That RPO is not going to work when all you do is run from it!!
To be fair he did have one pass play called. He had a super wide open Smith across the middle 20 yards down the field and Kamara in the flat with about 10 yards of open space ahead of him and he tucked it away and ran. Maybe it's evidence that his arm is dead and falling off like people are suggesting with Brees because Drew missed one throw down the field in a tight window and went with the safer underneath option.

Last edited:
Christ. Are we just gonna play dumb to the fact that we put up nearly 400 yards of offense on Sunday? I really don't see a reason to be irritable about our offense.
Dude 200of those yards was Kamara breaking tackles. If he goes down, what then?

Dude 200of those yards was Kamara breaking tackles. If he goes down, what then?
139, and you act as if our offense hasn't heavily relied on receiving contributions of backs the last 14 years. Bush, Pierre Thomas, Darren Sproles, even guys like Travaris Cadet. Traditionally our backs get anywhere from 100 to 160 targets per year. Drew shouldn't be criticized for utilizing a guy that has been our best receiving back, especially when our number 1 wo is hurt.

"What if" game could be played with a ton of scenarios. What if Thomas gets hurt, he's like 75% of the offense? Oh wait

139, and you act as if our offense hasn't heavily relied on receiving contributions of backs the last 14 years. Bush, Pierre Thomas, Darren Sproles, even guys like Travaris Cadet. Traditionally our backs get anywhere from 100 to 160 targets per year. Drew shouldn't be criticized for utilizing a guy that has been our best receiving back, especially when our number 1 wo is hurt.

"What if" game could be played with a ton of scenarios. What if Thomas gets hurt, he's like 75% of the offense? Oh wait
First off Kamara had 196. If u don't see that Kamara is our ONLY offense then I don't even kniw what to tell u. Your defense is for OTHER years, not THIS year. I am not criticizing Drew for throwing to Kamara. Im saying without Kamara going absolutely berserk, we would not have had much of an offense yet again. This year is different so far man. All I'm saying

To be fair he did have one pass play called. He had a super wide open Smith across the middle 20 yards down the field and Kamara in the flat with about 10 yards of open space ahead of him and he tucked it away and ran. Maybe it's evidence that his arm is dead and falling off like people are suggesting with Brees because Drew missed one throw down the field in a tight window and went with the safer underneath option.
There needs to be more than one pass play to get defenses off of Taysom running all the time.

First off Kamara had 196. If u don't see that Kamara is our ONLY offense then I don't even kniw what to tell u. Your defense is for OTHER years, not THIS year. I am not criticizing Drew for throwing to Kamara. Im saying without Kamara going absolutely berserk, we would not have had much of an offense yet again. This year is different so far man. All I'm saying
I was referring to Brees putting up almost 300 passing and 139 were Kamara, still another half of it was split between others. Murray is fully capable of producing in the running game if called upon. I don't think he can replicate Kamara's success in the passing game but that's true of pretty much any other back except McCaffrey. He can still grind out first downs. He had 2 back to back 100 yard rushing games last year so I don't really understand the reluctance to call upon him more often.

You are picking apart one game without the number 1 wideout and acting like our situation is different than any other team that rely on a few star players. There were games where Brees put up 300 and almost 200 were Jimmy Graham, what are we gonna do without him?!? There were games like one time Drew had 186 yards passing and 131 were Reggie Bush (we won). There are plenty of games where Michael Thomas represents more than half of our passing offense. What are we going to do without him?!?

Somehow Brees has found a way to put up his numbers the past 14 years, even after a target he has heavily relied on is no longer there. It's almost as if he's a hall of fame qb or something. Yes, its a different year, but what I'm saying is that Brees has found a way every single year. I don't see it being any better if we went a different direction. If Winston has any potential he would still need time to acclimate and Hill still seems like a work in progress as well.

Last edited:
I was referring to Brees putting up almost 300 passing and 139 were Kamara, still another half of it was split between others. Murray is fully capable of producing in the running game if called upon. I don't think he can replicate Kamara's success in the passing game but that's true of pretty much any other back except McCaffrey. He can still grind out first downs. He had 2 back to back 100 yard rushing games last year so I don't really understand the reluctance to call upon him more often.

You are picking apart one game without the number 1 wideout and acting like our situation is different than any other team that rely on a few star players. There were games where Brees put up 300 and almost 200 were Jimmy Graham, what are we gonna do without him?!? There were games like one time Drew had 186 yards passing and 131 were Reggie Bush (we won). There are plenty of games where Michael Thomas represents more than half of our passing offense. What are we going to do without him?!?

Somehow Brees has found a way to put up his numbers the past 14 years, even after a target he has heavily relied on is no longer there. It's almost as if he's a hall of fame qb or something. Yes, its a different year, but what I'm saying is that Brees has found a way every single year. I don't see it being any better if we went a different direction. If Winston has any potential he would still need time to acclimate and Hill still seems like a work in progress as well.
I do get that but other years we had receivers contributing. This year seems like receivers can't even get open. Look at Cook and Sander's numbers. I agree if u do have to rely on one player then so be it. As long as we win. But being that all we have is basically dump off passes to Kamara and watch him work, what happens if that is taken away. Yes it should get better when Thomas returns. And by the way, we can agree to disagree about Murray. Dude has absolutely no lower body movement or power. He's def a straight ahead runner which means the holes have to be made for him, he can't make his own. Also not good at breaking tackles

Yep nothing wrong with going with your best player. All the QBs do it. Drews job is to get the ball to the best playmakers and let the playmaker finish off the play. Im in the firm belief that you dont get the ball to a WR in heavy traffic 149 times in one year and then just fall off the cliff a few months later. Especially when everyone and thats includes just very casual fans know the ball is going M.Ts way.

Since 2016 Drew has been at the bottom or close to it when it comes to Air Yards per pass. Thats hasnt stopped the offense from being dominant.

I for one don't miss the days when Brees would chuck the ball and it would end up as an INT. During those days he would throw 15-20 INTs a year. Since 2017 he has been playing the smartest football of his career and taking care of the ball.

Last edited:
I’m stacking the line and daring the Saints to go over the top to beat me. I’m shock no one try it yet. So far, Raiders and Packers had played Deep not to get beat. If I’m the lions, I’m not playing for the deep ball.

Shhhhh......

Don’t go telling everyone how to beat us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom