If I’m Sean/Mickey (draft)..... (1 Viewer)

I’m never drafting another receiver, tight end, etc.

I’m setting my draft as follows. Defense. More defense. More defense. If I think there’s great value in OL, I’m getting that.
But skill positions?
Never.
Is Mike great? Sure
Alvin? Of course.

But, as we’ve seen year after year after year......Sean can teach/coach anyone to be successful.

Latavius off the scrap heap? No problem. Colston, now Calloway, Willie Snead, Deonte Harris.....all 7th round or UDFA. He can find OL in UDFA. Sproles when no one wanted him. Pierre?

When was the last UDFA defender that really shined?
Shy T for a few moments?

While Mike is great.....we really should rarely ever give star WR huge money. Mike goes out, Sean adjusts, and the O keeps plugging along. Mike and Emmanuel out.......same old story. Moving up and down the field.

Now once we draft all these defenders, we need someone to coach them.

And this year, my first pick is a rangy safety. Without a doubt.

I agree, but I wouldn't ignore a gifted offensive talent if he fits and is available early, which I know was not your point as you pointed out players like Thomas and Kamara and worth the selection.

The offense definitely uses the entire field with solid players moreso than it does with that one dominate guy whether that be the J. Graham era or the current M Thomas era.

I’ve never seen a defense with so much talent look so bad. We have invested heavily the past 4 years via the draft and FA, and look at us today. Pathetic, actually. Point is, the answer seems to be finding someone who can get more out of what we have than to keep rotating players with the same results.

I know Sean and DA are friends but this is a job and not a hang out. DA surely hasn't been our worst DC but watching these guys on the field look lost and out of place is all on the coaching staff (especially when they are veterans or been in the same system for years). I don't know who is out there that will be available but DA and Glenn need to be replaced.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom