If I had to use a picture to show how I think each EE Board regular looks... (1 Viewer)

Simon Phillips (and Dennis Chambers) is another incredible talent. Never got to meet him, but have been told that he is a very sincere and down to earth guy. As a whacky side-note, I met Will Kennedy (mostly known for his work with the Yellowjackets) at a urinal in a restroom in Katy, Texas. Apparently, he lives out that way. Didn't shake hands (for obvious reasons) but enjoyed conversing with him.

Other clinics that I was fortunate enough to attend while in NOLA: Billy Cobham, Anton Fig and Guy Gelso. I was never much of a Zebra fan, but Gelso was also very cool and incredibly informative.

So many influences in my sophomoric drumming "career", obviously Peart, Gadd, Keltner, Kunkel, Copeland, Moore (Stanton). Sure, Rich and Krupa are up there, but they were a tad before my time.

Last concert I went to was Steely Dan, at UNO Lakefront Arena; not long before Walter Becker "moved on". Keith Carlock (from N Mississippi, either Greenville or Greenwood) killed it on the drums. Saw him a couple of years earlier when Sting played at the Saenger, and he killed it as well. Amazing talent.

I've rambled enough and likely derailed this thread beyond salvage, so I'll just shut it down for the night.

Your dad sounds like a pretty cool dude, who happens to have a pretty cool son. Enjoy him while you can.

That is epic! Sharing that with my old man. And ty for the words.

My stepmom was in charge of talent at the MGM when I was a kid so I met em all, you name em I met em and have all the stories about how this guy had to have green M&M’s only and yada yada...way too many stories to type. So I’ll just say the one guy who was the biggest d bag I’ve ever met....Paul Anka.
Oh one more snippet too funny not to share...Kenny Rogers bailed my Dad out of jail once. (Weed) And yep my old man is pretty cool. Wish we all three could have met and y’all jammed.

You can start a johnson thread if you want but you’re gonna have to give fair notice. ?

Lmao. Silver lining of not being able to see.

To Humperdoo:

Dude, please, if you have the energy, chronicle your life experiences for us. I'd love to read them.

Man, Graw.....I’ve had such an amazingly wondrous life filled with stories that could take up a whole library. Truth. And some stories people wouldn’t believe so I’ve only alluded to them and never bothered to expound. I’ve had such a fun and interesting roller coaster life. Thankful for my memories. Wish we could have had a night to swap stories and have some brews.

Last edited:
Lmao. Silver lining of not being able to see.

Man, Graw.....I’ve had such an amazingly wondrous life filled with stories that could take up a whole library. Truth. And some stories people wouldn’t believe so I’ve only alluded to them and never bothered to expound. I’ve had such a fun and I interestingly roller coaster life. Thankful for my memories. Wish we could have had a night to swap stories and have some brews.
make a podcast/audio diary of them
i'm serious

make a podcast/audio diary of them
i'm serious

Guido I’m tellin ya there are too many, my life has been (in a wonderful way) CRAZY. And people wouldn’t believe half of em anyways, which is fine, because I know them to be true. I used to tell some of the wilder ones and as aforementioned my friends would laugh at me...which is perfectly ok. It’s not their job to believe something they don’t want to, and it ain’t my job to make em believe the truth as I lived it. I’ve shared a few with y’all over the years. ?

@guidomerkinsrules a post on the SSF took me back to my Vegas days....remind me sometime when I’m feeling a bit better to tell you about Randall Cunningham, Liberace and my stepmother. (That could be misinterpreted easily lol) Dance classes. (Grew up next to Liberace) His butler gave out so much candy. House took up the whole block across the street Lolol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom