If I may make a suggestion...... (1 Viewer)

Marsha Marsha Marsha

2017 0-0
2018 1-1
2019 0-0
2020 10-5
2021 0-0

Let's hope 2020 was an aberration.
I know. I'm just going to have to wear his jersey and live with it. It is what it is.

Taysom does struggle with deep routes not driving the ball. It would be better if he released deep routes sooner and recognized his limitation.

But, his short to intermediate passes are lasers that will bounce off receivers hands that have been conditioned to Trevor’s lobs.

His running when a play breaks down is big, just like Jameis did, only better. We already know this will be required because our receivers cannot separate.

Good decisions, not taking sacks from Gregory and ball security are priorities.

I expect some rust but if this is what Taysom believes he is we need to see something that resembles a franchise guy out there, not an experiment.

During his games in 2020 ball security was an issue for Taysom Hill. He fumbled 11 times, losing six, and he was often indecisive as a quarterback. That indecision contributed heavily to him getting sacked 13 times in his four starts. Brees was also sacked 13 times, but that was spread out over 12 games.

All his highlights are great. It's just that his lowlights are fumbles where we always lose the ball.
The highlights are impressive, not trying to be a downer, but he wasn't injured on those highlights :sir-saint: WHO DAT

I recall 5 during that 4 game stretch as QB. I think your confusing sacks.

He did get sacked 13 times in those 4 starts but I was actually referring to interceptions (2) + ALL fumbles (11)...not just the fumbles that were lost.

Look, I would love for Hill to succeed, it would certainly help with the salary cap next season. Not to mention this offense needs some kind of spark because TS is certainly not providing one. However, Hill has some glaring issues to overcome if he wants to be a starting quarterback in the NFL.

Taysom Hill

Taysom had 2 ints and lost 5 fumbles in 2020...since when is 2+5=13??

In the 4games Taysom started: 3-1 record, 4tds 2ints, 4tds rushing, but 13sacks.

Taysom is effective and can win games. It may not look like you want it to, a la Lamar Jackson, or a la Brees, but it can work with all hands on deck.
While technically not 'turnovers' he did have 6 other fumbles that were fortunate enough to be recovered. Regardless, ball security has always been an issue with him.

Its the foot injury that concerns me. I am sure he will get a nice shot before the game, but what damage will it do in the long run.

And how much running will he actually do? Other when Dallas is chasing him constantly....well he might be scrambling all night.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom