If I say yes to the public option, will stuff like this go away? (1 Viewer)

IntenseSaint

Powhatan Power
Reaction score
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KvEJBAnmNu0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KvEJBAnmNu0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BIG E

SR is my life!
Reaction score
I'm sure they wrote that themselves with there vast experience working and having to deal with the health care system and people claim Fox is bias.

Maybe they can get some prep school kids to sing about paying to much taxes and the effect of the deficit and the US dollar.

primadox

Hurricane Bear Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Houston TX, via Parsippany, NJ and New Orleans
Talk about using kids to push a political agenda...they have no interest in health care at that age and they're not even old enough to vote; they're simply repeating words taught to them. Sorry, but I find that distateful, no matter what the political message is.

And yes, I wish this would all go away.

OP
IntenseSaint

IntenseSaint

Powhatan Power
Reaction score
I wonder when the Songs to Obama/Healthcare album is going to come out.

I have lost count to how many different songs there are now.

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KvEJBAnmNu0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KvEJBAnmNu0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

i am for a public option; actually, i am for single-payer even though it won't happen... but when i saw this on CNN i was cringing for sure; just horrible.

OP
IntenseSaint

IntenseSaint

Powhatan Power
Reaction score
i am for a public option; actually, i am for single-payer even though it won't happen... but when i saw this on CNN i was cringing for sure; just horrible.

Not to mention they picked a Miley Cirus song. :covri:

Saint 7Star Magic

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score

These are just the underground mixtapes. The studio album will be distributed by the Ministry of Propaganda to the recipients of the swine flu vaccination. The album title is: Ignorance is Strength / War is Peace.

V Chip

Truth Addict (aww ^&%$ I got a head rush)
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Close enough to ATL to smell the stink of Falcons
I guess I am missing where the song is about Obamacare or even about Obama at all -- it mentions Obama once (in the same way that it mentions "conservatives and liberals say to reform healthcare today") and except for the Joe Wilson statement I don't even see how it can be seen as positive or negative for any side.

Some people really really want to find offense in anything these days. :idunno:

BIG E

SR is my life!
Reaction score

I think it's going to be out just in time for Christmas.
It will feature these classics:
Rudolf the red nose reindeer, because he didn't have health care to fix it.
I'll have a blue cross/blue shield Christmas.
All I want for Christmas is a single payer option.
Obama Devine.
and of course, Grandma got ran over by a reindeer, and died because she didn't have a public option.

jaxmc1023

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I guess I am missing where the song is about Obamacare or even about Obama at all -- it mentions Obama once (in the same way that it mentions "conservatives and liberals say to reform healthcare today") and except for the Joe Wilson statement I don't even see how it can be seen as positive or negative for any side.

The entire song was rewritten and adapted to suit one side of a political debate..

4saintspirit

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I find it offensive to even do that to children that young -- whatever the purpose - whomever they support. Everyone is outraged if schools want to pray but when politics is involved it becomes okay. Wonder what would happen if I taught kindergarden kids to sing Jesus Christ Superstar -- I'm guessing it would be on the front page news

4saintspirit

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think it's going to be out just in time for Christmas.
It will feature these classics:
Rudolf the red nose reindeer, because he didn't have health care to fix it.
I'll have a blue cross/blue shield Christmas.
All I want for Christmas is a single payer option.
Obama Devine.
and of course, Grandma got ran over by a reindeer, and died because she didn't have a public option.

How about the 12 days without healthcare --

On the first day of no healthcare Obama gave to me
1 free dr visit
On the second day of no healthcare Obama gave to me
2 free abortions and onneeee free dr visit

Etc.

FLIPPY

Angler of the Year
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Where the white kids at? :hihi:

V Chip

Truth Addict (aww ^&%$ I got a head rush)
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Close enough to ATL to smell the stink of Falcons
I find it offensive to even do that to children that young -- whatever the purpose - whomever they support. Everyone is outraged if schools want to pray but when politics is involved it becomes okay. Wonder what would happen if I taught kindergarden kids to sing Jesus Christ Superstar -- I'm guessing it would be on the front page news
To do what -- sing about a current issue, even if political? So singing a "It's Election Day! Go Vote Today!" song would be off-limits?

They're singing a song about the healthcare debate -- not about any one side. In fact, the video cuts off a kid from the school saying he likes the current system (the video linked here shows the song only not the introduction), because if Obama's plan gets enacted then the rich people have to pay for their healthcare and everyone else's and then businesses shut down and jobs get lost and that's not fair (paraphrased).

4saintspirit

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
To do what -- sing about a current issue, even if political? So singing a "It's Election Day! Go Vote Today!" song would be off-limits?

They're singing a song about the healthcare debate -- not about any one side. In fact, the video cuts off a kid from the school saying he likes the current system (the video linked here shows the song only not the introduction), because if Obama's plan gets enacted then the rich people have to pay for their healthcare and everyone else's and then businesses shut down and jobs get lost and that's not fair (paraphrased).

I am not being partisan about anything here -- its not disturbing to you that teachers can impose politics into school - these kids have no choice or even an idea about healthcare -- can you tell me one legitimate reason to teach them this song -- They can no longer sing Xmas songs but during December it certainly is a current event

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom