N/S If I was a betting man, the upcoming odds on the Browns... (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
...will probably be real tempting.

The moves they are making are more than casual. They are making serious moves. They have also had several years to improve their team with top round draft picks.

Sort of reminds me of the Houston Astros, which had 3-consecutive seasons of 100+ losses, then won it all a few seasons later.

Baker Mayfield is the truth, and Cleveland's roster on offense, defense and S/T is no joke.

JMO

:gosaints:

The new hot take will be to bet AGAINST the browns. They're looking legit on paper, but we shall see.

They certainly have a lot going for them. Obviously being terrible for the better part of two decades and recently a run of 1-31 will kind of help in stock-piling valuable draft picks. They are young, hungry and have several key contributors on rookie deals which is how the Seahawks seemingly came out of nowhere in 2013 to run roughshod over the league. If they can get these new pieces to gel, they will be tough. However, they still have to compete with the fact that in the AFC, the Patriots have basically had an uncontested path to the AFC East crown, which means the Browns will still probably have to knock-off the champs in the postseason just to get to the Super Bowl. Also the Chiefs will still be a tough out. But it's definitely looking up for the factory of sadness.

What about coaching staff?

Odell cant teach himself clearly. He needs some milk on the sidelines

They are still the Browns and have history against them. I wouldn't bet a penny on them. That being said if they would have kept Williams as HC maybe I'd feel a little differently but just a little.

IF, and that's a big IF, the Browns can gel quickly as a team, they will certainly make some noise. They've got a lot of high quality, individual pieces, but if they can't get it together, then they'll just be middle of the road. Should be interesting to watch, though.

The Browns, who opened at 30/1 odds to win the 2020 Super Bowl on Jan. 15, have leapt up to 14/1 odds, per Westgate.

You missed your window. :(

NFL is about the QB and the trenches.

Not about superstar receivers or running backs.

Ever notice how many superstar receivers are in middle of the road teams?

How do the Browns look there?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom