If I was Brian Billick I would run the ball about 40 times tomorrow (1 Viewer)

I have only watched one Baltimore game this year...the one against Denver, and by the way things looked in that game, it amazes me that they continue to use Lewis as the #1 back. Mike Anderson was looking beastly and a lot of people are high on Musa Smith, too.
Word on the street is that Billick has a serious case of man-love for Lewis and that he'll be the #1 back pretty much until Billick gets the boot. :9:

i watched a few games last year, and i felt the same way, i thought that jamal lewis shouldnt have been the #1 back. i think last year that chester taylor was a better runner than him. i may be wrong because i only saw 2 or 3 games, but jamal just didnt look as good as chester taylor. and now some think mike anderson is looking better than him

It is also the play that got Jim Fassel fired. The play in the endzone was a designed play that defied all football logic. They had there 6-1 WR manned up against 5-8" Darrent Williams and they throw the fade in the endzone to challenge Champ Bailey. McNair can't be blamed for that. As far as McNair goes he can still beat teams but your right he is not above making the stupid pass and can kill his team but he is a better option than what they have had the last few years.

I could be wrong, but I think hes 6'6, Clarence Moore.

The ravens have a nasty game. We need to not give the game away, that being said, I hope to see us running the ball more than usual, they have a very scarry secondary.

While I too am worried about our run D, I also feel that coach Payton isn't too happy with it either and has worked on that and the red zone offense over the last two weeks. You know, it's funny, but almost every time a team goes into a game boasting a fantastic run defense like #3 in the league etc. the team they face that week just blows that figure away with a great day running the ball. Consequentially, with everyone thinking that the Saints CAN be run on, we just might see the best run defense we've seen since the Atlanta game.

Well if we get up on them early, they wont be able to run the ball 40 times. So even if thats their gameplan they will have to go to the air if we get a few scores early. We will see what happens in a couple of hours :0)

Part 2 - If I were John Gruden....repeat last week.

Cadillac runs the ball 30-35 times
Gradkowski throws 15-20 times

We have not stopped the run in 4 weeks

For the life of me, I can't think of what changed..........we were so good at stopping the run the first few weeks, then BAM, we suck!

What happened?

For the life of me, I can't think of what changed..........we were so good at stopping the run the first few weeks, then BAM, we suck!

What happened?

Week 1 and 2 were our only good week against the run (3.86 YPC week 1 against Cleveland and 3.15 YPC week 2 against Green Bay).

Atlanta week 3: 5.08 YPC
Carolina week 4: 5.76 YPC
Tampa week 5: 5.67 YPC
Philly week 6: 5.21 YPC
Baltimore week 8: 3.60 YPC

I didn't realize how little YPC we gave up against Baltimore, they just ran it a bunch of times (39). However weeks 3-6 were horrible against the run.

Week 1 and 2 were our only good week against the run (3.86 YPC week 1 against Cleveland and 3.15 YPC week 2 against Green Bay).

I didn't realize how little YPC we gave up against Baltimore, they just ran it a bunch of times (39). However weeks 3-6 were horrible against the run.

That just made me throw up a little in my mouth.......

I had no idea it was that bad against ATL., Car., TB and Philly

If I were Gruden, I would implement a "Galloway Ratio" of at least 40%. Stopping big fast WRs is our biggest problem.

funny ... ... you sure made a lot of "know it alls" on page one of this thread eat their words ...

That just made me throw up a little in my mouth.......

I had no idea it was that bad against ATL., Car., TB and Philly

Those stats are a little misleading. The only reason the yards per carry was that high is because they were breaking big runs. <---sarcasm

Atlanta was helped a lot by Vick's big scramble at the end of the game. Andy Reid isn't smart enough to run the ball enough. Carolina took full advantage, especially in the 4th quarter and there is no excuse for the way Tampa gashed us.

The yards per rush against Baltimore looks good but for an entire half we had 8 in the box and new they were going to run the football.

funny ... ... you sure made a lot of "know it alls" on page one of this thread eat their words ...

So, true. People have ignored or dismissed a lot of our deficiencies. It's good to have some around here who see the reality of the situation and backs it up with numbers. Seven weeks in, teams have figured us out. Our run defense sticks and our CBs can't tackle. Our best chance to win on defense is to force turnovers or use our offense to keep the defense on the sidelines. Go Saints.

Cleveland week 1: 3.86
Green Bay week 2: 3.15 YPC
Bye week 7:
Tampa week 9: 3.78 YPC

Another good week against the run.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom