If I was in charge of the holidays (1 Viewer)

Well the French have done one thing right... at least a guaranteed 5 weeks vacation plus a 35hr work weeks and another 12 or so public holidays off. Want to work more than 35 hours? Okay, now you get more vacation time.

Sandman: actually, I do. I always take the day after the 4th off. Halloween usually gets celebrated on the following weekend, so that's cool. And St. Patty's was on the weekend last year and is again this year, which is $$$$./

I'm sure you do. I was just typing what I thought our senior partner would say if this suggestion were brought to him.

inlaid.jpg

I live in Texas. It's hot here. Sometimes it's even in the 70s at Thanksgiving. But I don't see any bikinis, and I'm not really frothing to see my grandma in a thong.

i wish i was down in austin,houston,san antone or any other part of Texas today. minus 14 degrees with the wind chill in b-low. at this rate the st.patty's day parade (one of the largest in the country) could be canceled,not even the true blue yankee snowbird will sit out in this weather...even the ice fisherman are having doubts. but the green genessee beer will still flow..and people will be knawing on texas corned beef and cabbage,boiled potatos. i'll be thinking of you on st.patty's day, LC. God Bless Texas..but not the Longhorns. :)

As for Thanksgiving, why are you stuck with turkey and pumpkin pie? Where is the ham, the duck and the gumbo, among many other things? Thanksgiving is a Top 5er and it gets better with age.

It's gonna hit 70 today. Woot.

Taceo, I like ham. I've always tried to convince us to do a Cajun or Tex-Mex Thanksgiving, but the traditionalists always flip. Chumps.

Thanksgiving should be on Friday. Same for Independence Day. In fact all the Monday hollidays should be moved to Friday.

It's gonna hit 70 today. Woot.

Taceo, I like ham. I've always tried to convince us to do a Cajun or Tex-Mex Thanksgiving, but the traditionalists always flip. Chumps.
My Grandma always makes Gumbo or something like that on Thanksgiving and Christmas, along wiht a turkey and ham for others.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom