If I Were Mickey Loomis.... (1 Viewer)

Deuce McAllister is the Saints all time leading rusher.
I think we only question his future contribution w/ the amount of money he's getting; not his past achievements.

Well if the Saints are building primarily through the draft, then we can expect 1 solid starter and a whole bunch of players that will either be backups, practice squad guys, or out of the league by the end of the year. That seems to be the typical draft.

That guy on your avatar was a 4th rounder...

Actually, what you wrote is pretty absurd. Will Smith is a Pro Bowler. Deuce McAllister is the Saints all time leading rusher. Charles Grant is a solid starter.

will smith WAS a pro bowler .... what did you do for me lately ?
deuce mcallister is the leading rusher , but to be honest he will never have THIS role again. i just hope he do fine the next years and retire as a saint. charles grant IS more than solid .... he is a good starter , great against the run and good against the pass. he is all and all more versatile than will smith.

and yes evans was a 4th rounder. what now ? i dont get you

will smith WAS a pro bowler .... what did you do for me lately ?
deuce mcallister is the leading rusher , but to be honest he will never have THIS role again. i just hope he do fine the next years and retire as a saint. charles grant IS more than solid .... he is a good starter , great against the run and good against the pass. he is all and all more versatile than will smith.

and yes evans was a 4th rounder. what now ? i dont get you

It doesn't have to be one of the other. Grant and Smith are both great DE's. The lack of pressure from our DT's this year hampered them as they both routinely had to deal with double teams.

By your rationale, we'll toss Drew Brees this offseason as well since he has fallen short of your barometer for acceptance...

ok you can say that colston definitely got snubbed and drew brees also when you consider that garcia started .... but will smith wasnt in the pro bowl race .... performance-wise AND stat-wise

thats the difference.... so you guys think he can have a season in 08 and we should give him the money because he was a pro bowler....?

ok you can say that colston definitely got snubbed and drew brees also when you consider that garcia started .... but will smith wasnt in the pro bowl race .... performance-wise AND stat-wise

thats the difference.... so you guys think he can have a season in 08 and we should give him the money because he was a pro bowler....?

You should give him money because thats how you build a defense, through the draft. It does no good to let your key building blocks walk every few years. We have to lock him up and keep building, even if he isn't the best DE to ever walk the field.

You should give him money because thats how you build a defense, through the draft. It does no good to let your key building blocks walk every few years. We have to lock him up and keep building, even if he isn't the best DE to ever walk the field.

ok i understand that + he is a young contributer(sp? :D ) but it would be pretty moronic NOT to draft an impact DT or one or two rotational passrushers on day 1....
the whole philosophy is a contradiction if we pick bpa again....( like said in another thread ) .... so if we (the FO) definetely know on draftday that we go with rivers , clady or whatever in round 1 , it would be a completely luxury to give will smith a better contract than Grant. these days its all about rushing the quarterback and we are one of the worst teams doing it..... what do you think about gholston as a pure Weakside rusher ?

It doesn't have to be one of the other. Grant and Smith are both great DE's. The lack of pressure from our DT's this year hampered them as they both routinely had to deal with double teams.

I would describe both as "good". And I agree that the fact both Saints DTs could be easily single teamed compounded the problems at DE. But the Saints offseason plans should include putting Grant and Smith on diets. Grant's balloned up to well over 300 lbs and unless he loses weight should be moved inside to 3 tech DT. Smith was brillant at his rookie weight of around 275-280 lbs. Now (even moreso than Grant) Smith has an ample gut and has gone from a guy with a great speed/power combo to a fat, slow bullrusher. He's only got one move now....engage the OT and try to push him back into the QB. Until they both lose weight they'll be "good to slightly below average".

Gotcha. All exceptions must be run through the "GermanSaint" filter for acceptability. Does the NFL know this?

It's your world, babe... :9:

Gotcha. All exceptions must be run through the "GermanSaint" filter for acceptability. Does the NFL know this?

It's your world, babe... :9:

wow ! now you got me .... pretty good reply .... FU

wow ! now you got me .... pretty good reply .... FU
You need to fix your sig. You can't use the url from attaching it to a foum. The url needs to end in the file extension. Try this:

PHP:
[IMG]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3030/attachmentvz3.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE=-1]Proscht![/SIZE]

Put Rogers beside them. They'll look skinny.

You need to fix your sig. You can't use the url from attaching it to a foum. The url needs to end in the file extension. Try this:

PHP:
[IMG]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3030/attachmentvz3.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE=-1]Proscht![/SIZE]

thank you

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom