If I were the Saints I'd send Reggie Bush to San Diego (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
during the off season.

I'd tell him the only requirement you have is to hang out and train with the best back in the NFL...L.T.

LaDanian Tomlinson came into the league 6 years ago with much less hype but similar skills as Bush. The only think is LT learned how to play this game as a rookie...running north and south.

By all accounts Reggie will strive to be the best. Why not connect him to the best. Besides that is how you get better, right?

If memory serves, Reggie did train with LT.

To paraphrase, he said he threw up while working out with him, because it was the roughest training he'd ever done.

My memory has been wrong once or twice before, so I'll look for a link to substantiate this post.

If that is the case then he needs to go back to San Diego and watch game film of himself and then of LT.

LT runs north and south. They have similar builds but Reggie is faster.

http://www.hd.net/transcript.html?air_master_id=A4159

This page is VERY poorly put together, the quote I've posted is maybe a dozen paragraphs down. Sorry, best link I could find.

"Q:AND HE TOLD ME, I ACTUALLY GOT IT THROUGH A TRANSCRIPT, HE DIDN'T ACTUALLY TELL ME DIRECTED THAT IN ONE OF THE WORKOUTS THAT YOU PUT HIM THROUGH, HE HEAVED ALL OVER THE FIELD.

A: (LT)YEAH (LAUGHS) HE COULDN'T HANDLE IT, IT WAS JUST TOO MUCH. YEAH IT WAS IT WAS RIGHT BEFORE GOING INTO HIS JUNIOR YEAR AND HE WANTED TO WORK OUT WITH ME SO, I TOOK HIM DOWN AND WE HAD A WORKOUT AND YOU KNOW I THINK THAT'S WHEN REGGIE KIND OF REALIZED THAT THERE IS A LOT TO GO ALONG WITH YOU KNOW JUST MAINTAINING YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE AS AN ATHLETE AND BEING SPECIAL."

LT only averaged 3.8 per carry as a rookie. He wasn't playing as an MVP coming in.

By the title of this thread, I thought you were saying trade him to San Diego...

I was alittle taken back.

Reggie is having a tough start to his rookie year as a RB. He is doing fine catching the ball but he wants to be a RB. He has a lot to learn.

During offseason Reggie needs to take up Ballet like Jerry and other great players have done to decrease injury and increase flexibility and speed, then run track till he can't stand it anymore, Then train with some Good vets.

didn't payton work with the current league rushing leader for a good while in NY?..SP groomed him alright

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom