If I'm Sean Payton, I get thrown out of that stadium yesterday... (1 Viewer)

What good would it do if he had a huge fit. He’s not gonna get them to put 6 points on the board.

It doesn't matter what it would cost us...those madre frockers aren't going to let us win anyway, so what difference does it make?
because they would use it as an excuse to ban payton from the league permanently
then what?

what do you do then, refuse to play the season?

because they wouldnt give a hoot about ending the franchise and giving our spot to a new team in a new city. goodell has a hard on for screwing us over any way he can

Last edited:
A lot of people posting in this thread need to grow up. That kinf of call has gone against every team in the league at some point over the last few years. The Refs are supposed to let the play continue and then let the automatic review decide the outcome however they often make a decision based on what they think they saw and blow the whistle. -Anderson likely will be *fined for that mistake however we will likely never know since the league isn't permitted to announce referee fines per the CBA with the Referee's union.

I would have blown a gasket just to show my team that I got their backs. Sometimes a coach needs to do this to rally the troops. Shoot, they do it all the time in basketball and baseball.

It would have done no good for SP to do something like punch a ref. But It is getting dangerously close to make a statement time . Something like pull the entire team off the field . I know it means forfeit and maybe fines but it may be the only thing that really gets attention . Some egregious has happened by the refs the last 3 games . The NFL has made it obvious so maybe we should to

If he had done it, in the second quarter of a nationally televised game, he would have coached his last NFL game. And the league's sanctions against the Saints organization would have been draconian.

Plus, public opinion against the team would have been overwhelmingly negative with the story becoming not the horrible officiating blunder but Payton's childish stunt. And the game was close, and the protest would have been a forfeit.

It's time for somebody in our organization to just lose it over the officiating...yes, that's right, I'm talking about pitching a screaming fit...time for somebody to act out...the NFL isn't even attempting to hide their bias against the Saints anymore...3 games in a row? Listening to some smug-arse ref say "we just missed it" week after week is not going to work anymore...this fan base doesn't deserve this, and the team doesn't deserve this...something has to be done...standing humbly off to the side while the league jerks our britches down and has it's way with us should be over...fork this shirtty league...
I couldn't agree more. I've said all offseason the refs' locker room needs to have an electrical problem at every home game, no AC, not hot water, no electricity. Serve them McDonald's cheeseburgers to eat.
The problem is the Saints didn't scream bloody murder all off-season, so now the NFL has learned it can get away with it. I've been a teacher for 27 years and there's one thing I've learned, let a student get away with something and you will see it again, and it will continue to get worse. Its time for the Saints organization to raise holy %@#$@@%^ with the league and the officials.

A lot of people posting in this thread need to grow up. That kinf of call has gone against every team in the league at some point over the last few years. The Refs are supposed to let the play continue and then let the automatic review decide the outcome however they often make a decision based on what they think they saw and blow the whistle. -Anderson likely will be *fined for that mistake however we will likely never know since the league isn't permitted to announce referee fines per the CBA with the Referee's union.
Sorry, but absolutely nothing will happen to the ref for blowing the call, just like nothing happened after the NFC championship game. Goddell is probably laughing to himself every time it happens.

NO, we need Gayle Benson to take action against Roger Goodell and the negligence that has led to this. The reffing has been absolutely atrocious for many years, and there has been no real path towards a solution. Just a bunch of furrowed brows. Mrs. Benson is the only one who can do anything about it.I, for one, and tired of the niceties and PR statements. It's time to get real and lead towards a better league.

The thing about being a HC at any level is that you can’t let your emotions overrule your ability to coach the team. We have a lot of players that are out there competing and their careers they are trying to establish. He ultimately has to keep a lot on things as best he can because as the HC goes so does the team.

You're NOT Sean Payton. He just got a 5-year contract for millions of dollars to coach a ball game. What he cares about most of all is keeping that contract and getting that money. Winning games is a distant second.

Nor are you Gayle Benson. The same thing applies to her and the other owners. They care about winning, but only a little bit. They care about money, a LOT.

And, all of those real estate investments around the new Rams stadium need to pay off. That's what Roger, Gayle, and Sean are hoping for. It makes them more money.

So, while you care about the Saints winning, that is not really their priority. Payton gets paid to coach football. He is happy.

I couldn't agree more. I've said all offseason the refs' locker room needs to have an electrical problem at every home game, no AC, not hot water, no electricity. Serve them McDonald's cheeseburgers to eat.
The problem is the Saints didn't scream bloody murder all off-season, so now the NFL has learned it can get away with it. I've been a teacher for 27 years and there's one thing I've learned, let a student get away with something and you will see it again, and it will continue to get worse. Its time for the Saints organization to raise holy %@#$@@%^ with the league and the officials.
So,if we were sneaky about it,. What would we put in the sodas,cause they would be thinking burger for sure. A tasteless odorless milk of magnesia perhaps.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom