If I'm Sean Payton, I get thrown out of that stadium yesterday... (1 Viewer)

I don't see anywhere in the OP where he says Payton has to be the one who throws a fit or does something drastic to make a point. Have the water boy do it next time we have a possibly game changing call /screw up go against us. It'll be this week, if history holds. The water boy would have to be fired by the team, but they could make him comfortable financially with his severance and he'd be a legend in New Orleans. Win/win.

I don’t believe the NFL has a bias against the Saints. But I do believe the NFL doesn’t really care if or who it screws over,even if unintentionally. The fact that it’s happening to a small market team like us, instead of say Dallas or LA, is all gravy.

I agree. I think it would be too complicated and there are too many moving parts to "fix" an outcome or intentionally flag/not flag a team in a premeditated fashion. Though I do believe there is a bias in play with officials.

I do honestly believe that all of the negativity against the refs and the league by the Saints players and coaches and all of the negative media backlash last season has created a situation where the Saints get fewer 50/50 calls and fewer "let them play" non-calls.

Aside from the fumble/whistle Sunday, Cam Jordan was hooked or "held" multiple times by the Rams LT. It was clear as day on replay -- yet seldom called. Why? Likely, the refs were allowing the Rams to be physical in their blocks and only calling what they deemed blatant holding. Though we'd likely argue the definition of blatant here.

The Saints however, were called multiple times for holding -- often multiple times in a single drive. These "holds" were often identical to the contact the Rams were allowed to commit. The Saints aren't given this luxury.

I expect it to continue. sadly.

I don't see anywhere in the OP where he says Payton has to be the one who throws a fit or does something drastic to make a point. Have the water boy do it next time we have a possibly game changing call /screw up go against us. It'll be this week, if history holds. The water boy would have to be fired by the team, but they could make him comfortable financially with his severance and he'd be a legend in New Orleans. Win/win.

I will volunteer to be the "Water Boy". I will throw an epic fit, get right in the face of the Refs, not actually touch them. I will get thrown out of the stadium, "fired" by the Saints and banned from ever attending another NFL game again. I would be ok with that.

A lot of people posting in this thread need to grow up. That kinf of call has gone against every team in the league at some point over the last few years. The Refs are supposed to let the play continue and then let the automatic review decide the outcome however they often make a decision based on what they think they saw and blow the whistle. -Anderson likely will be *fined for that mistake however we will likely never know since the league isn't permitted to announce referee fines per the CBA with the Referee's union.
Yes, that mistake has happened before, but I’d love for u to find an example of the officials WAITING to see the def player running down the sideline unabated before they blew the whistle. I’d have had no problem with the mistake if they would have blown the play dead for an incomplete pass as soon as the ball hit the grass. Go back and listen again for WHEN the whistle was blown. It was intentional

If I'm Sean Payton, I might have needed bail money. This $#@% is ridiculous.

Payton needs to at least do or say something to get this mistake playing over and over on the sports shows, embarrassing Goodell and his officials. They need to know that if they make a bad call against the Saints, they will be embarrassed.

Payton needs to at least do or say something to get this mistake playing over and over on the sports shows, embarrassing Goodell and his officials. They need to know that if they make a bad call against the Saints, they will be embarrassed.

The problem is this doesn't help the situation -- it only makes it worse.

These officials have egos (like anyone else) and they have the unwavering support of the league. So they are in the position of power, regardless of what anyone thinks. If Sean "goes off", the league will fine him and the refs will continue to show bias against the Saints.

It's a messy, messy situation.

He did say it. I think it was from his post-game presser. I quoted it in some thread yesterday. He said something to the effect of "I can't do anything about poor officiating and that awful call."

The problem is this doesn't help the situation -- it only makes it worse.

These officials have egos (like anyone else) and they have the unwavering support of the league. So they are in the position of power, regardless of what anyone thinks. If Sean "goes off", the league will fine him and the refs will continue to show bias against the Saints.

It's a messy, messy situation.
He mentioned the officiating in his post-game presser but definitely didn't "go off" and I would be surprised if he gets fined for it. Saying he can't control poor officiating or an awful call is just the truth and the head of officiating had already admitted it was poor officiating and an awful call.

The only thing you get from that is a fine and possible suspension. Being that SP has been suspended before the League might have his head.
Nothing good would come of it.

Exactly, I think it is something we would all like to see but would it help the team? No...Payton is a smart guy IMO, he will use the media to express his frustrations (and he will probably get multiple fines by the end of the year if we keep getting screwed), to want him to get into a physical confrontation with a ref is kind of ridiculous....

It kind of makes sense when another poster mention how Charles Davis said that the refs were not gonna be fair to us this season. It’s starting to make too much sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom