If I'm Sean Payton, I get thrown out of that stadium yesterday... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Thinly Veiled Profanity
Sticky Post
It's time for somebody in our organization to just lose it over the officiating...yes, that's right, I'm talking about pitching a screaming fit...time for somebody to act out...the NFL isn't even attempting to hide their bias against the Saints anymore...3 games in a row? Listening to some smug-arse ref say "we just missed it" week after week is not going to work anymore...this fan base doesn't deserve this, and the team doesn't deserve this...something has to be done...standing humbly off to the side while the league jerks our britches down and has it's way with us should be over.. [edited due to profanity}

Last edited by a moderator:

J.T.

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
San Francisco, via La Place, via Galliano, via Mon
I don't see anywhere in the OP where he says Payton has to be the one who throws a fit or does something drastic to make a point. Have the water boy do it next time we have a possibly game changing call /screw up go against us. It'll be this week, if history holds. The water boy would have to be fired by the team, but they could make him comfortable financially with his severance and he'd be a legend in New Orleans. Win/win.
I will volunteer to be the "Water Boy". I will throw an epic fit, get right in the face of the Refs, not actually touch them. I will get thrown out of the stadium, "fired" by the Saints and banned from ever attending another NFL game again. I would be ok with that.

rvrelan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
A lot of people posting in this thread need to grow up. That kinf of call has gone against every team in the league at some point over the last few years. The Refs are supposed to let the play continue and then let the automatic review decide the outcome however they often make a decision based on what they think they saw and blow the whistle. -Anderson likely will be *fined for that mistake however we will likely never know since the league isn't permitted to announce referee fines per the CBA with the Referee's union.
Yes, that mistake has happened before, but I’d love for u to find an example of the officials WAITING to see the def player running down the sideline unabated before they blew the whistle. I’d have had no problem with the mistake if they would have blown the play dead for an incomplete pass as soon as the ball hit the grass. Go back and listen again for WHEN the whistle was blown. It was intentional

St. Aaron

⚜️ In That Number ⚜️
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If I'm Sean Payton, I might have needed bail money. This $#@% is ridiculous.

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Payton needs to at least do or say something to get this mistake playing over and over on the sports shows, embarrassing Goodell and his officials. They need to know that if they make a bad call against the Saints, they will be embarrassed.

HouseCall

Resist, Ronald, resist!
Reaction score
Payton needs to at least do or say something to get this mistake playing over and over on the sports shows, embarrassing Goodell and his officials. They need to know that if they make a bad call against the Saints, they will be embarrassed.
The problem is this doesn't help the situation -- it only makes it worse.

These officials have egos (like anyone else) and they have the unwavering support of the league. So they are in the position of power, regardless of what anyone thinks. If Sean "goes off", the league will fine him and the refs will continue to show bias against the Saints.

It's a messy, messy situation.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
He did say it. I think it was from his post-game presser. I quoted it in some thread yesterday. He said something to the effect of "I can't do anything about poor officiating and that awful call."

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
The problem is this doesn't help the situation -- it only makes it worse.

These officials have egos (like anyone else) and they have the unwavering support of the league. So they are in the position of power, regardless of what anyone thinks. If Sean "goes off", the league will fine him and the refs will continue to show bias against the Saints.

It's a messy, messy situation.
He mentioned the officiating in his post-game presser but definitely didn't "go off" and I would be surprised if he gets fined for it. Saying he can't control poor officiating or an awful call is just the truth and the head of officiating had already admitted it was poor officiating and an awful call.

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The only thing you get from that is a fine and possible suspension. Being that SP has been suspended before the League might have his head.
Nothing good would come of it.
Exactly, I think it is something we would all like to see but would it help the team? No...Payton is a smart guy IMO, he will use the media to express his frustrations (and he will probably get multiple fines by the end of the year if we keep getting screwed), to want him to get into a physical confrontation with a ref is kind of ridiculous....

nolaswede

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
It kind of makes sense when another poster mention how Charles Davis said that the refs were not gonna be fair to us this season. It’s starting to make too much sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom