If indeed Drew does retire... (1 Viewer)

I have read through that piece before and yes it is doable but a lot depends on what Drew decides. Since he wrote that some of the moves are actually easier to make.
1. Alexander has gone down with a torn achillies and might be able to play until the last half of next season so letting him go with an injury settlement is easier.
2. Same with Easton and his concussion issues.
3. Murray could be replaced with a cheaper draft pick
4. I believe Morestead will retire and it was planned for when they stashed a punter on IR after training camp
5. Jenkins was seen on most of the board as a 1 year rental when he was signed and that might be correct.

He also mentions at the end that some of the moves might not be necessary if the NFLPA agrees the league to borrow from a few years future caps in order to get next years up from the $175M est. to at least equal the $198M it was this year.

If the cap is dramatically higher than is being predicted then that could change our situation. As it stands now there is no cap space for a proven starter from the expected free agent pool and I don't see any achievable draft pick that stands out as a future star.

Yes, it sucks that Drew is approaching the end of his career. There is a lot of wishful thinking that the Saints can jump from Drew to someone else seamlessly. Drews don't grow on trees.

So ... I think Taysom will be the starter next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom