If is wasn't before today we are now exposed defensively. (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We saw the emotion wearing off against Baltimore and now our schemes and players are exposed. Yes we have some good players but overall we cannot afford to get into shootouts with teams.

I'm concerned about this defense the rest of the way. I still contend that Brees will lead us to 3-4 more wins but this defense will have to step up!

Our defense's demise started when Harper went down. You can clearly see our safeties now are not what they were when he was in the game. I saw multiple bad angles today by our safeties.

Our offense is capable of scoring against anyone... It's only our unforced errors (the fumbles were errors that were definitely avoidable) that kill us...

We will get into the Playoffs, maybe even stumble in, with the offense alone I think, but the defense needs to play like it did against the Bucs and the Falcons if we're going to have any chance to get anywhere from there...

It seems like all of a sudden we forgot how to tackle and we need to release Copper. That guy is a waste.

I don't think we were exposed. If Fred Thomas was in the game they don't get the long pass for a TD or the first long run by Parker.

Are we a top 10 defense? Not hardly, but we are much better than we played today.

Grant was a beast. He was double teamed all game and was still making plays. Will Smith has to step up if he continues to be man up against the LT.

You are right about Harper and the fact that when we give up a big play it alays seems like Craft is the victim. Defending the deep ball is an issue and it needs to be corrected soon. I think the rest of the defense is playing well.

3 or 4 players away on defense for sure. The secondary was abused today.

Pittsburgh has a HUGE offensive line, as well...They were stronger than our guys, IMO. The defense does have some work to do this week. But, our defense is certainly good enough to provide what we need to win. Turnovers hurt us today, but, I was shocked at the rushing yards against our defense, as well as some wide open passes. Wide open passes are never acceptable, in my book...They've GOT to work on the wide open passes.

2 70+ yard runs will hurt anybody. This team has a swagger about 'em that i love. They have scored 17 points each week, they only did it 4 times last year.

Open Tight Ends are our biggest downfall. Outside containment on a fast back is lacking, also. But, I don't see anyone that we can not beat in the NFC.

Some thoughts on the game today.

First off, I do feel that we have good coaching but with that being said; how many times does it take for us to get burned by the cutback before an adjustment is made?

Did Deuce leave sometime during the game for a slice of pizza or what?

Prior to the trading deadline when it really appeared that this team might accomplish something this year, some moves should have been made for a) a linebacker and b) a cornerback.

Once again the red zone offense comes back to bite us. First and goal at the 4 and no rushes by Deuce. I don't understand that.

Drew Brees is a legitimate MVP candidate.

Our defensive is still learning how to stop the run, it wasn't just the safeties....Mike Mckenize took two very angles on both of Willie Parker's long runs. Coach Payton should start looking for a corner in next year's draft that can not only cover but love to run support.

After Smith and Thomas got hurt, and the fact that we started with Deloach and Craft starting in defensive backfield I figured we would be in trouble. This team took it to them. Mistakes and turnovers killed us not schemes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom