N/S If it's okay to bring up Joe Burrow now that he's been drafted.. (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
eyor6.jpg

It isn't over till it is over. I remember "getting Burreaux at all costs." Make it happen Loomis!!!!!!!!!!

The way that I understand it, if they decide to suspend the season, Burrow could simply not sign the contract and re-enter the draft next year.

If that would happen, he would likely end up being drafted at No.1 by the Bengals again. :hihi:

It will be much harder for the Saints to move up from 32 in the next draft.

The way that I understand it, if they decide to suspend the season, Burrow could simply not sign the contract and re-enter the draft next year.

If that would happen, he would likely end up being drafted at No.1 by the Bengals again. :hihi:

When I saw Andrus reply, I though I was going in "time out" for even bringing it up. :oops:😥

If he doesn't sign wih the Bengals he will have to sit out and rejoin the draft next year likely as a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Meaning he gets much less. That is not going to happen.

Not sure id the season is canceled but in a normal year where a draft pick doesn't sign with the team that drafts him prior to week 10, he has to re-enter the draft and the team that drafted him can not draft him again. the only time I know of that this hjas happened was when the Bucs drafted Bo. he refused to sign and went to baseball. the following year the Raiders drafted him him as a flyer and Al talked him into taking a contract that let him play for the Royals until they were elimanated for playoff contention. At that point he would play football.

Why not leave your options open in this weird time? That would be crazy if they had a re-draft for all the players that didn’t sign, but players like JaMar Chase would be eligible. I hope that doesn’t happen cause that would be nuts. So we could legitimately have a shot at people that were drafted already. And teams would have an idea where players would go that didn’t sign their contract.

Not sure id the season is canceled but in a normal year where a draft pick doesn't sign with the team that drafts him prior to week 10, he has to re-enter the draft and the team that drafted him can not draft him again. the only time I know of that this hjas happened was when the Bucs drafted Bo. he refused to sign and went to baseball. the following year the Raiders drafted him him as a flyer and Al talked him into taking a contract that let him play for the Royals until they were elimanated for playoff contention. At that point he would play football.

I had forgotten about that. Not sure if the rule is still in place. However, it makes it an even more interesting possibility. I just get the feeling that if Burrow has a choice, the Bengals are not it.

If he doesn't sign wih the Bengals he will have to sit out and rejoin the draft next year likely as a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Meaning he gets much less. That is not going to happen.

My own opinion is that Burrow would go top 3 at minimum (Considering Clemson's Lawrence being in the draft). There is not a team out there that wouldn't understand Burrow not wanting to play with the Bengals Organization on Mike Brown's rep alone. It's not like Burrow would suddenly lose his talent, and he sure wouldn't get past the Saints at 32. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom