If Jameis Throws An Interception In Each of Our Remaining Games... (1 Viewer)

MSUSaint

Veteran
Reaction score
If he throws just one interception in each of our remaining games, he will have 15 int's on the season.

Winston year 1-4 averaged 14.5 INT

year 5 under Bruce Arians "no risk it, no biscuit" offense 30 INT.

Never had a season with more interceptions than touchdowns.
I have a theory, that the reason Jameis is so good on those long ball throws. Is the Bruce Arians season with 33TDs and 30 interceptions. Most QBs don't get to light it up like that in real time. I think that experience, help shape his long throws. Winston can tell real quickly whether the WR will be open.

I have a theory, that the reason Jameis is so good on those long ball throws. Is the Bruce Arians season with 33TDs and 30 interceptions. Most QBs don't get to light it up like that in real time. I think that experience, help shape his long throws. Winston can tell real quickly whether the WR will be open.
I agree with part of your theory, but my opinion is some QB's are aggressive(gunslingers) and some are cautious(CPT Checkdowns).
Easier to calm down a gunslinger than it is to get a CPT Checkdown to take the shot(deep ball).

winston was not a great deep ball passer in tampa.. this offseason he worked with tom house and jay glazer and fixed his mechanics. he is basically a different qb

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom