If Jenkins can produce he needs to start right away!!! (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I like Broderick Bunkley and all but if Jonathan Jenkins can be a difference maker he needs to be on the field....the reason I bring this up is this is the year where the Saints need an impact player on defense to step up. All these other teams draft guys on defense and become stars right away. Guys like J.J. Watt and Aldon Smith come to mind. This team has to win NOW!!! Seems to me the last rookies to come to the Saints and have an immediate impact right away was Colston and Bush in 2006. Even Jimmy Graham was held back to some degree in 2010. That has to change this season on defense..the best 11 eleven players must be on the field.

I agree. He n Bunkley will still prolly get roughly the same amount of PT give or take anyway. And judging from all indications Jenkins should b the more athletic of the 2 so theres a good chance he'll start either rite away or halfway thru the season

There will be alot of snaps available for Jenkins you can't play a DT in a 3-4 all game long. Whoever starts as the DT is irrelevant there will be enough snaps at DT between Bunk, Jenkins and Hicks.

Heh reading this board you'd think Jenkins was the first round pick and Vacarro was the 3rd

I have to admit, I've become very impressed with Jenkins. Watched some game footage of Georgia v Alabama and Georgia v South Carolina.

He was absolutely man handling the USC line on just about every play, double team or not. I don't think he was pushed off the line more than maybe a yard or two at most. Even showed some good push in the pass game. Lattimore and the Shaw had good games running, but it wasn't because of Jenkins.

The Alabama game was a little more of a stalemate, but a good indication of what we landed. A good portion of Alabamas line has been drafted, so it's clearly against top competition. Jenkins had a hard time against the run, getting beat back on quite a few runs. That said, he was very impressive in the passing game in that one, consistently beating the guards one on one.

I'm excited with a Jenkins/Bunkley rotation.

Not sold on Jenkins... he was drafted based on size and potential... definitely not a dominant DT

Fans are so impatient. We are a good team despite all the negativity that we can't seem to shake

We are one of the few teams that has the luxury of developing players like Jenkins and vaccaro before we put them out on their own

Jenkins will play a lot, I have a feeling, so don't be afraid that we won't use him

Fans are so impatient. We are a good team despite all the negativity that we can't seem to shake

We are one of the few teams that has the luxury of developing players like Jenkins and vaccaro before we put them out on their own

Jenkins will play a lot, I have a feeling, so don't be afraid that we won't use him

I hear what you saying but I disagree...don't forget how horrible the defense was last year.

I hear what you saying but I disagree...don't forget how horrible the defense was last year.

I don't think last year reflects the level of talent we have at any position on the team...except punter

That's unfair to everyone to use a season without our head coach, or assistant head coach as a good measurement of what we have

He better be in shape NOW. I hope he is running up hills like Jerry Rice because Coach will cut him without blinking an eye.

Coach wants him at 340lbs...but he will be an anchor of our 3-4 Defense, he and Bunkley can rotate at that position..we hit on all our needs, another great draft by the Saints....well we say that every year but we look like we have drafted some very pivital and productive players ushering this new defense and got a offensive weapon in Stills at WR.

Heh reading this board you'd think Jenkins was the first round pick and Vacarro was the 3rd

If you talk to anyone who actually watched him play, they would tell you Jenkins fell way lower than expected. He was a GREAT pick in the 3rd.

Coach wants him at 340lbs...but he will be an anchor of our 3-4 Defense, he and Bunkley can rotate at that position..we hit on all our needs, another great draft by the Saints....well we say that every year but we look like we have drafted some very pivital and productive players ushering this new defense and got a offensive weapon in Stills at WR.

Reports are that he is down to 332 after finishing hte seaon at 360ish..

nfl.com had bad analysis on him.2 down player,gives up on double teams,poor balance and can't play with anyone near his feet.

seems to play scared of hurting his knees.gives up when anyone goes below his waist.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom