IF "Little Animal" stays... (1 Viewer)

I say the Saints trade with the Ravens at 8 in order to position themselves to get Sedrick Ellis. He will be the BPA that has the potential to have the most impact on the defense at that spot in the draft. The Bengals will pick him at 9 if the Saints stay put.

my answer to the question, "what does JL have to prove by staying in college", or "he cant improve his stock" is that his family is well off in the cash department...(see Matt Lienart). He doesnt have to "buy a nice house for his moms". His father was a great Pro wrestler and has continued on as a successful business man. JL wants to win a National Championship...he's lost 2 in a row! I think its that easy to understand....

asfar as Briggs goes, i think hes a Redskin...I remeber how hard they tried to trade for him during the offseason when he held out...

Keith Rivers or Rey Maualuga....

Time to re-sign Mark Simoneau!

Sim is just sooo smart out there, it's like having a coach on the field. He strategically picks an offensive lineman on each play, and takes that guy out of the play by allowing himself to be pancaked by them. BRILLIANT!

Wouldn't be a bad idea IF we fill our defensive holes with good free agents... and not 3rd tier bums like we normally get... I'd love to have Jackson as a kick returner/slot guy... hopefully meach can turn into a solid #2 with his size, speed, and RAC ability.

It's not possible to fill all of the Saints holes on defense in free agency.

Briggs will be out of Loomis' price range. Bank on that.

I don't think that will be true. I think we will see the Saints go out and look to spend money. Now that does not mean that we will land Briggs. But I won't be surprised to see the Saints hand out two or three big deals.

i think the saints should trade down 5 or so spots pick up a second or third rd. pick and take quinton groves move him to olb who sometimes plays with his hand down, then pick up goff in the 2nd to play in the middle. they should pick up the dt from detroit and push hard for trufant.

and to the people saying pick dan conner, we have to many stiff players on defense we need speed and strength so that we can get pressure and still cover.

I can't fault the guy for staying in school. In most cases, staying is the better choice. Glen Dorsey would have been an top 10 pick and look how his senior year turned out.

DeSean Jackson aka Steve Smith 2.0 (if he decideds to leave)

Don't be surprised if that happens.

he is more of a reggie bush , than steve smith

and connor isnt longer first round worthy.... with a not-so-good combine he can make a buster davis and slip to round 3

Just give up figuring it out. The Saint will draft Leonis McKelvin in the first round.

He is a cookie cut out of the type of player the Saints will draft.

I have a hard time with taking briggs and making him move inside-WLBs play in space and need to be inspace for thier speed-not thier thumping ablility. Very few LB s can make that move and be great-Lewis, Thomas, Brooking and handful of others-but even that they moved from MLB to WLB and back, not the other way around-MLB is such a specialized poistion-all those guys had exp at MLB before making the switch.

Remember Charlie Clemons? yeah he had 11.5 sacks as a MLB after playing OLB-but he was a TERRIBLE MLB as a whole.

Just cos a guy is a great athelete deonsnt mean you can plug him in at MLB and he will be great. Im all for signing him, but play him at his natural position WLB and let him run.

Fill MLB with FA or draft (wow Vilma, Fujita and Briggs would be amazing wouldnt it?)

Not me. Some people on here don't have a grasp on RB's talent level. I say he should be on the field at least 70% of the time. Just not in the same position.. Spread him all over the field and keep the opposing teams DC's guessing!

maybe your definition of pre-madonna and mine differ a bit... a prima donna to me is a person that's considered vain, temperamental and/or conceited. a "diva" "spoiled" in no way is Reggie one of these....he has done everything he can for this team, and dont forget everything he did for his city as a rookie and continues to do! he played injured for us this year for many weeks before he was shut down....you could maybe venture so far as to say he has been a bust so far, but in no way is he a prima donna....thats just ludacris

you are going to call Reggie a Pre-madonna?? wow, that is unbelievable to me...

Hokie Gajan has commented on several occassions that Reggie has been resistent to criticism from the coaches on his areas for improvement.

Let's be careful not to confuse his charitable acts in the community with his training, preparation, and gameday performance.

i heard reggie is at a signing today. its in california. the nfl is about money now. some players dont even care about the cities anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom