IF "Little Animal" stays... (1 Viewer)

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What are our opions at #10? Phillips? or do we trade out? Maybe Mike Jenkins if he blows us away at the combine... Mayne Golston :covri: but what do we do?

I think the Pats would have picked him up anyway... but still...

:dunno:

*** Edit... mods please change title of thread to "If "Little Animal" stays..." I tried but it didn't change for me. Thanx in advance

Last edited:
Is Laurinaitis definately staying at OSU?
Not doubting you, just I looked a few days ago for info on it and couldn't get any.
If so, thats annoying. That makes it Ellis or Phillips in my mind. Ellis might be gone.
Either would make a massive impact on our defense, and be a great upgrade on what we have now.
I just hope JL has a bad senior year, so he is around at 32 next year.

If JL doesn't come out

and Ellis & Phillips aren't on the board

then i say trade down to get dan conor

With Jenkins and Laurinitis now going back to school the chances of us taking an Offensive player just got alot higher.

No link, but the talk by Ohio State fans is that James Laurinaitis is returning for his senior campaign. Supposedly, Alex Boone--who recently decided he was returning for his senior season--went on a local radio station and told them that JL had decided to return and told him as much during a class they both take together.

As I said when I found out that Jenkins would not be coming out, this only means that the Saints have to ATTACK free agency. We cannot afford to sit on our hands and wait. We have to be very DECISIVE about the moves we want to make and how we can best utilize both free agency and the draft to improve. It does not mean that you act imprudent. However, we have to look to fill holes in FA and then go into the draft with the idea of taking the best player available. It also means that we might have to attempt to trade a couple of spots if the right guy is still on the board around pick #8. Of course, it takes two. The same is true if need to trade down in order to avoid reaching for a player.

The more players in this draft the better but I am not too upset Laryngitis is not coming out. BPA in the first is always the best way to approach the draft. The saints should still be able to get a good LB to step in and contribute in the 2nd or 3rd.

LB has traditionally been a position teams easily fill and teams did not pay alot of money to them either. Look at the LB's in the league and most are 3 rd or later. For some reason the saints have been missing on this position though. All we need is another field mouse.

let's see what they do in FA before hitting the panic button about the draft

Sorry fellas I MISREAD the article on the homepage... but the possibility is still there for him to return. Thanx for the discussion... mods please change title of thread to "If "Little Animal" stays..." I tried but it didn't change for me.

Thanx all!

thats alright news by me if true...i would much rather have Keith Rivers OR Rey Malauga if he come out over JL or Malcom Jenkins....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom