N/S if mahommes wins back to back... Rushmore? (1 Viewer)

If mahommes wins back to back sb does he belong on Rushmore?

• Yes

Votes: 45 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 49 52.1%

• Total voters
i hear what u are saying and i welcome the discussion. i don't think he needs to play 15 years to be on rushmore. He needs to do something that is rare enough to get him on there. winning back to back SB/league MVP in his first 3 years I think would qualify him. Even if he decides he wants to hang it up after winning back to back. He's already dislocated his knee last year and got concussed this year. He's expecting his first born... Walking away after winning #2 ring it would be hard to deny him a spot on there. MOntana and Brady is are there. Manning is usually in the talks. Elway/Marino is heavily debated. I'm saying getting that 2nd one back to back definitely separates him from the crowd....brees/rodgers/eli/russell/ben/etc.

I'm sorry but you are absolutely wrong!

I mean were talking "best of all time" not best qb in the league right now.

I'm sorry but in no professional sports league ever has someone crowned someone the best ever after 3 years.

In any sport, the main ingredient for being considered one of the best ever is longevity and consistency.

Being able to consistently play at an elite level for an extended period of time.

Thats it, its not really a debatable discussion.

You never know what the future holds. Mahomes could get a case of the yips next year and throw 40 int, therefore potentially derailing his career.

Would you put him on mount Rushmore then?

I'll answer.. ABSOLUTELY NOT

People toss greatest of all time out like hotcakes in today's society. Its ridiculous.

Once again, im not trying to attack you or disrespect you in any way. I just completely disagree with your logic, and I think most people would as well.

Not sure if he even sees field today

But winning twice in a row kinda effortlessly is more than impressive

Although SBs are more a team effort than individual players

Without Hill and Kelce they would be a 9-7 at best

Every team in the NFL would be 9-7 or worse without 2 of their top 3 players.

I'm sorry but in no professional sports league ever has someone crowned someone the best ever after 3 years.

In any sport, the main ingredient for being considered one of the best ever is longevity and consistency.

Being able to consistently play at an elite level for an extended period of time.

You never know what the future holds. Mahomes could get a case of the yips next year and throw 40 int, therefore potentially derailing his career.

People toss greatest of all time out like hotcakes in today's society. Its ridiculous.

Once again, im not trying to attack you or disrespect you in any way. I just completely disagree with your logic, and I think most people would as well.

Standing ovation. People on this board love to accuse sports analysts and talking heads for being hot take artists, but many here could give them a run for their money. Mahomes is absolutely a phenom and generational talent. Mahomes is the best quarterback in the league. What he is not is the goat-yet.

As you stated, to be the goat means being exceptionally elite spanning at least an era of your sport. Three years is a sneeze when talking about longevity. Patrick would need at least six years in to truly have a legitimate claim. People can dismiss the weapons argument, but having Hall Of Fame talent at the skill position matters. I‘m sure PM would still be a great quarterback, but you cannot convince me that he’d still have the same ungodly numbers with Tannehill’s, Watson’s, or Lamar’s supporting cast.

People are far too quick to project the path of NFL QB’s. We’ve been down this road before with assuming certain QB’s would terrorize the league forever. The NFL is not the NBA. There are far too many pieces that need to move the correct way for long-standing records to be broken and/or championships to be won. Mahomes may I fact go on to be the goat, but I’m not going to assume he’ll capture every record. I hope his career is free of major injuries, but in football it is a high probability. To catch the records everyone assumes he’ll break, he has to avoid missing games for the next several seasons to keep pace. We’ll see.

I have seen players like Mahomes before kaepernick, Aaron brooks. Vick. Cunningham, cam Newton, kordell Stewart etc.

Mahomes plays in the offense era. As an athlete he is amazing. Would take him in a heart beat. As a passer you have to be concerned. His arm strength and accuracy will fail soon. He can’t keep it going. Happens to all of them who play like him. The closest being kaepernick. He was amazing as well. He became a cancer but he has the same skills. I think Mahomes has 5 more years before he craps the bed with his talent.

Rushmore has to be Montana. Marino. Unitas. Maybe Brady. I can’t justify modern qbs to the past due to the game changing so much. You could kill the qb back then.
Ps I think Aaron Rogers is better than Mahomes
A Cancer? What makes you think that? Kap was brave and respectful for as I’m concerned? Also, the QBs you’re comparing are winners and they all Black!! Funny you left out the likes of Steve Young, Elway, Aaron Rodgers just to name a few who also are running Qbs guess they were doomed as well huh? STUPID POST!! Admin any assistance please?!

I’m not saying the guy is the goat. If mj retired after winning his first 3 peat would he be on Rushmore? Heck yeah. Why because of the way mj did it. He dominated the league.

Look at the guys resume already. League mvp check. Sb mvp check. 3 straight afc championship appearance If he gets back to back in my lifetime only seen elway Brady Montana aikman do it. 2 of those guys are clearly on Rushmore. With elway being questionable even though many consider elway had a better arm then the others. Much less pat going back to back against the goat and denying the goat the ring .... man it be hard not to put him on there in addition to the skillset that kid has and his stats 4 years in the league.

And this is why we wait to crown Kings. Watch how fast the Mahomes narrative switches after tonight’s beat down. He was running for his life the entire night and got absolutely no help from his skills position players, yet sports analysts were already on Twitter laying a good bit of blame at his feet.

To be the goat, you can’t have just a couple seasons of greatness. You can’t have pedestrian championship performances. You have to be consistently great FOR YEARS in pressure moments. Mahomes may get back to the big dance, but nothing is for sure.

What he found out tonight, however, is what life may look like once the team can’t pay all of those marquee players. Plus, without a line, he’s Andrew Luck- all world talent getting crushed with no future championship games to look forward to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom