N/S if mahommes wins back to back... Rushmore? (1 Viewer)

If mahommes wins back to back sb does he belong on Rushmore?

• Yes

Votes: 45 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 49 52.1%

• Total voters
Not sure if he even sees field today

But winning twice in a row kinda effortlessly is more than impressive

Although SBs are more a team effort than individual players

Without Hill and Kelce they would be a 9-7 at best
You can’t judge his situation that way, they’re on the team! I know, no one will ever be better than Drew.

I have seen players like Mahomes before kaepernick, Aaron brooks. Vick. Cunningham, cam Newton, kordell Stewart etc.

Mahomes plays in the offense era. As an athlete he is amazing. Would take him in a heart beat. As a passer you have to be concerned. His arm strength and accuracy will fail soon. He can’t keep it going. Happens to all of them who play like him. The closest being kaepernick. He was amazing as well. He became a cancer but he has the same skills. I think Mahomes has 5 more years before he craps the bed with his talent.

Rushmore has to be Montana. Marino. Unitas. Maybe Brady. I can’t justify modern qbs to the past due to the game changing so much. You could kill the qb back then.
Ps I think Aaron Rogers is better than Mahomes

im sure Miami fans thought the same thing about getting back to the Super Bowl with Marino
Marino didn't win one, that's a big difference. Mahomes already has a ring and MVP. Also, the contract is spread out so long they should have more flexibility.

I have seen players like Mahomes before kaepernick, Aaron brooks. Vick. Cunningham, cam Newton, kordell Stewart etc.

Mahomes plays in the offense era. As an athlete he is amazing. Would take him in a heart beat. As a passer you have to be concerned. His arm strength and accuracy will fail soon. He can’t keep it going. Happens to all of them who play like him. The closest being kaepernick. He was amazing as well. He became a cancer but he has the same skills. I think Mahomes has 5 more years before he craps the bed with his talent.

Rushmore has to be Montana. Marino. Unitas. Maybe Brady. I can’t justify modern qbs to the past due to the game changing so much. You could kill the qb back then.
Ps I think Aaron Rogers is better than Mahomes
I don't get the comparison with the players you named. You named QBs whose primary ability was their athletic ability, not their throwing ability. Rogers' arm has not failed him and Mahomes has that type of ability.

If not for one of the most boneheaded calls in all of football (electing to pass on like the 1yard line vs just running it in) Russell Wilson would have had 2 back to back superbowl wins. Since then that team has not been the same. (IF) Mahomes wins 2 back to back, I'd put him in the same category as RW

Mahomes is amazing but look at it like this. When russel Wilson first started his career it looked like he was going to win 2 in a row and they could be a dynasty but they lost on that last play in the second super bowl and the Seahawks haven’t been able to go far in playoffs ever since then. Point being even if he wins another win this year you never know what’s going to happen for the next several years. I say give it time and see what it looks like another 5-6 years from now.
I was thinking the same thing. What if Russ did win 2 in a row...plus Russ had a much better defense. He might in this discussion.....

If not for one of the most boneheaded calls in all of football (electing to pass on like the 1yard line vs just running it in) Russell Wilson would have had 2 back to back superbowl wins. Since then that team has not been the same. (IF) Mahomes wins 2 back to back, I'd put him in the same category as RW
nah patty is a notch above russell already. russell is a game manager. i've never seen a qb win so many games with less than 200 yards than russ. but he can't make the same throws as pat. he has some pretty stellar throws but patty is like favre and rogers had a kid and his name is mahommes :)

It may turn out that the 2020’s Chiefs are going to be like the 90’s Bulls and all other teams are in denial and don’t really have a chance if Mahomes is healthy.

Or he might turn out like Rodgers. When the Packers won in 2010 everyone thought they’d rack up Superbowls for the rest of the decade. Too early to tell.

Marino didn't win one, that's a big difference. Mahomes already has a ring and MVP. Also, the contract is spread out so long they should have more flexibility.

there a difference now

but after the dolphins lost to the niners after the year Marino just had with the numbers he just put up there’s no way anyone didn’t think that they’d be back, probably be back to several super bowls

today people say that Drew Brees is Dan Marino with a ring

it’s possible that 15 years from now we’re saying Patrick Mahomes is Drew Brees with a league MVP

but we don’t know that yet

today that seems unlikely just like it seemed unlikely at the time that Marino would never get to another super bowl

and that was my point

there a difference now

but after the dolphins lost to the niners after the year Marino just had with the numbers he just put up there’s no way anyone didn’t think that they’d be back, probably be back to several super bowls

today people say that Drew Brees is Dan Marino with a ring

it’s possible that 15 years from now we’re saying Patrick Mahomes is Drew Brees with a league MVP

but we don’t know that yet

today that seems unlikely just like it seemed unlikely at the time that Marino would never get to another super bowl

and that was my point
I get where you are coming from. There is so much uncertainty involved. At this point, it looks like they will be in the mix for a while. No other team experienced post super bowl drama we did with bountygate. I think we lost at least three years of prime Drew. Twenty years ago most people didn't think anyone could challenge Montana's staus but Brady has surpassed him. Mahomes is special but there are at least 3 other QBs coming fast just in the AFC (Allen, Watson, LJ, and maybe Herbert)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom