If millions of people took to the street all over the world to tell you you sucked... (1 Viewer)

As much as I like and support Sanders, I don't think the country as a whole was ready for his political style. I do think Biden would have done a much better job than Clinton and wiped the floor with Trump. Sadly, it was not to be.

Sanders would've beaten Trump like an egg-sucking dog. Any likeable human being would've done so.

The idea some here have that there are more Republican citizens than Democrat is ludicrous, but there are demonstrably more Republican voters. As we ask what it will take for Republican voters to finally get the hint that their candidates care not one tiny fig about them, we can also ask when Democrat voters will finally get off their arses in November instead of January.

Sanders would've beaten Trump like an egg-sucking dog. Any likeable human being would've done so.

The idea some here have that there are more Republican citizens than Democrat is ludicrous, but there are demonstrably more Republican voters. As we ask what it will take for Republican voters to finally get the hint that their candidates care not one tiny fig about them, we can also ask when Democrat voters will finally get off their arses in November instead of January.

No, Sanders would've gotten absolutely crushed in a national election.

Not that it really matters, or that we ever really know - but I think Sanders wins easily over Trump.
Sanders would have at least Obama's appeal - if not considerable more -with working class voters in the so-called blue wall states. And I don;t think he loses a state that Clinton carried.

Plus, his popularity with younger voters not only means more votes - but considerably more enthusiasm surrounding the campaign. Those huge energetic political rallies Trump has would have been equaled by Sanders everywhere Sanders went.

Better yet, when will we ever get a legitimate 3rd party alternative? Both parties suck eggs.

No, Sanders would've gotten absolutely crushed in a national election.

I just don't think that would be the case. Sanders would have won the debates convincingly, wouldn't have had the email gate controversy surrounding him, and would have had the young vote and working class population in states like PA, Mich, and Wisc. He might have lost one of the states Hillary won, but I tend to think he holds them. I'm not sure if he wins Florida and Virginia though.

He had more charisma than Hillary, but not nearly as much as Trump, and certainly not as much as Obama. But I think the attention would have more focused on Trump's shortcomings than was with the Trump Clinton matchup.

I just don't think that would be the case. Sanders would have won the debates convincingly, wouldn't have had the email gate controversy surrounding him, and would have had the young vote and working class population in states like PA, Mich, and Wisc. He might have lost one of the states Hillary won, but I tend to think he holds them. I'm not sure if he wins Florida and Virginia though.

He had more charisma than Hillary, but not nearly as much as Trump, and certainly not as much as Obama. But I think the attention would have more focused on Trump's shortcomings than was with the Trump Clinton matchup.
And to add...Hillary was an easy target with her husband, emails and foundation.

Sanders had ZERO baggage.

Trump would have been forced to keep on policies and issues and would have looked quite out matched.

Not to mention Trump attacking Sanders (who carried ZERO baggage) would have looked completely desperate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Better yet, when will we ever get a legitimate 3rd party alternative? Both parties suck eggs.

Ain't happening until we get STV voting. Winner-take-all absolutely guarantees a two-party system. They don't even have to work as hard at it as they do.

Sanders had the kids actually showing up for him. They may not have done so come November, but he would've gotten more than Hill did.

The trick for a Democrat isn't swaying independents, it's getting your own base off their butts. Do that and you win. Independents can split left, right or center...doesn't really matter.

They are desperate to not have another eye opening turnout like last Saturday. They are ruling this country as a very significant minority. They can't have that be so obvious to everyone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom