If millions of people took to the street all over the world to tell you you sucked... (1 Viewer)

Seriously though. It would probably hammer me into a dark place. I don't usually seek acceptance from others, but when it's on such a large scale like that I don't think I would want to even step outside of my home... get out of bed... or even open my eyes.

I couldn't begin to imagine how that would feel to a normal functioning person. Pretty phenomenal
I think these events need to be seen for what they truly are; a rejection not only of Trump, but his entire cabinet, his cronies in congress, and their 1960 agenda.

It remains to each and every one of us to do something each day to hinder and obstruct these clowns. I have my very right-leaning congressman's number in my phone contacts, and I call his number every time something about Trump ****** me off.

Imagine how you must feel if you lost an election to that person. I wonder how conservatives will act the next time a democrat is elected President...if it happens again this century.:smilielol:

Indeed

Though I should say I put the in EE bc this is clearly a cultural phenomenon

But also, I did have that moment of reflection of "what if this was happening to me"?
Having never been a performer I really don't know.

I was at Red Rocks to see my sister sing with the Motet...10k ppl. U could feel the energy in every member of the band.

I would imagine it's the exact opposite.

And for someone like DJT, I bet he has the ability to compartmentalize to an extent, but doesn't "forget". If it continues, he may resign before 2017 is over.

Interesting question though. Would hope to hear from more here that have had the performer/entertainer experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Having never been a performer I really don't know.

I was at Red Rocks to see my sister sing with the Motet...10k ppl. U could feel the energy in every member of the band.

I would imagine it's the exact opposite.

And for someone like DJT, I bet he has the ability to compartmentalize to an extent, but doesn't "forget". If it continues, he may resign before 2017 is over.

Interesting question though. Would hope to hear from more here that have had the performer/entertainer experience.

i haven't had the 10k, but i've had a few 3k and it's like they say - quite intoxicating

I would spend the next four years sinking every tax payer dollar into the construction of an invincible giant robot and then crush them all on Election Day 2020. Literally. My Gundam will be fueled by their tears and anguish.

latest

How would you handle it?
As a performer/auditioner I've had to deal with a fair share of rejection
But if I had come offstage from an opening night and woke to find the world saying "yeah...not so much" I'm really not sure if I could handle it

You?
That depends. Am I worth billions? If I am, then I don't give a damn what you think of me.

I'm all seriousness, I have been in positions of leadership for most of my adult life. When I make decisions, I research it thoroughly and carefully weigh the options. I often seek input from subordinates, but realize the decision is ultimately mine because the consequences will fall on my shoulders. If typically over-analize things to the point other find it maddening. Once that's done, I review it all over again and constantly look for holes and new information even when having already moved forward with something.

At no point am I concerned with what people think of me. If I can live with my decisions, then others will have to figure out a way to do the same. People don't always agree, but they respect the work put into making the decision.

i haven't had the 10k, but i've had a few 3k and it's like they say - quite intoxicating
And to have those 3k hiss or protest you would HAVE TO be the exact opposite feeling.

And while one or two events like this may not cause him much consternation, let this continue month after month, where he can no longer ignore or more escape the reality that is he is quite disliked, universally.

Funny thing is Putin passed such a law in the last year or two and even modified to specifically say there would be no investigations allowed of officers complying with an order to fire on a crowd.

Dark reality beats dark humor/fantasy to the punch again.

That depends. Am I worth billions? If I am, then I don't give a damn what you think of me.

I'm all seriousness, I have been in positions of leadership for most of my adult life. When I make decisions, I research it thoroughly and carefully weigh the options. I often seek input from subordinates, but realize the decision is ultimately mine because the consequences will fall on my shoulders. If typically over-analize things to the point other find it maddening. Once that's done, I review it all over again and constantly look for holes and new information even when having already moved forward with something.

At no point am I concerned with what people think of me. If I can live with my decisions, then others will have to figure out a way to do the same. People don't always agree, but they respect the work put into making the decision.

But you're rational. What if said person wasn't?

I say this all the time in the Club... We must have done something right. We picked up some haters.

sssmokinJoe

Prepare to spend millions in taxpayer money getting said law overturned and ruled unconstitutional. .

This one of the things that bugs me about Mississippi's Legislators. They love to pass laws that they know are unconstitutional knowing that they will have to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars defending it.
I just don't get it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom