If Mingo, Dion Jordon, Ansah and Jarvis Jones are all gone (1 Viewer)

John L

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Do we move Cam Jordon to Strong OLB? I've heard he played that positin some at Cal and he's done some dropping into coverage last year with us. Certainly he can slim down to 6-4, 270 and become even more mobile and quicker.

If so, that would allow us to trade down, maybe recoup our second, then take a DE, like Margus Hunt or Datone Jones later in the first round.

With the 2nd rounder we pick up we could also get a likely starter at CB, NG, LT or safety.

We draft Xavier Rhodes and get Brandon Jenkins in the 3rd or that Washington kid late.

Do we move Cam Jordon to Strong OLB? I've heard he played that positin some at Cal and he's done some dropping into coverage last year with us. Certainly he can slim down to 6-4, 270 and become even more mobile and quicker.

If so, that would allow us to trade down, maybe recoup our second, then take a DE, like Margus Hunt or Datone Jones later in the first round.

With the 2nd rounder we pick up we could also get a likely starter at CB, NG, LT or safety.

John, what I think you were referring to is the fact that Jordan played -in- a 3-4 at Cal. While there, he lined up at DE and excelled. In no way was he ever an OLB. He's always been a hand in the dirt lineman.

That said, to answer your question, I'd take the best talent on the board, be it a NT, OT, WR, or DB. I'm not as familiar with some of the prospects as others, but just give me the best available player.

If all the good pass rushers are gone then I would either trade down to get a 2nd round pick and swap 1st's or take Kenny Vaccaro, assuming he is still available.

Cam has the potential to be a pro bowler every year at the 3-4 DE position. His ability to collapse in and stuff the run is spectacular and if we get a solid OLB pass rusher, the attention I will draw could open up all kinds of pressure schemes for Cam.

Also I'm pretty sure o e of the big reason the Saints are switching to 3-4 is because they drafted him.

Too much speculation. I know its fun and all, but you can hypothetical yourself to death.

Tyrann Matheiu...lol (Joking) Best OT available!

Jamie Collins is moving up draft boards...he could be a target there at 15 for us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom