If money weren't an issue, who would you rather have..... (1 Viewer)

SaintsNY

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
or, who would fit best in the Saints offense.
Now, obviously money is an issue so realistically the Saints will not have any of these players on their team this year.

Wes Welker-Good route runner with quickness but seems to hace poor concentration in critical moments. Saints also have a slot receiver so he might not be a perfect fit.

Mike Wallace-Can stretch the field with his speed which the Saints could use. Has some character issues and dropped some passes....something the Saints desperately need to improve on.

Danny Amendola- Proves to be a solid WR when healthy....the keywords are "when healthy". He has great hand, quickness, and put up respectable numbers with Bradford under center. Imagine him having a HOF QB throwing him the ball.

Greg Jennings- Another injury prone player of late but was one of the best in the game when he's on the field playing at 100%. He could be the #2 WR the Saints need.

Since I said to pretend that money isnt an issue, you can still say (if you feel) that one player if more affordable than the other as a possible selling point.
I think I would go with Amendola. I think he'll be the most affordable, reliable, and productive out of the other players. I seem him as a tougher Welker and a #2 WR (although he's technically a slot WR as well). Moore stays in the slot with Morgan as the deep threat. They also have Toon, but he is an enigma at this point.

Welker would fit in this offense. If Drew had a cannon, Wallace.

Amendola is coming off a nasty injury, it would be a chance. Jennings is good, but not worth what he's asking. Declined the past 2 seasons.

Welker is a system guy. Jennings is very injury prone. Amendola is very solid at everything but spectacular at nothing. Give me a guy who can take the top off the defense and open up Moore Colston and Graham. Wallace.

None of the above. Unless it's a standout like Megatron, nobody is going to walk in and crack our WR group.

The one thing I fear with Wallace, as jrd said, Drew doesn't really have a cannon arm. There were a couple times this year when Morgan had to come back to the ball.

More wide receiver talk. I guess you guys all just leave the room when were on defense? Our offense has never made me punch my tv. The defense however...

I guess I'm the only one that's tired of hearing about WR on here.

I guess I'm the only one that's tired of hearing about WR on here.

Yep

I'd go with Wallace. Jennings is probably the best all around receiver on the list there but the constant injuries are tiresome. Welker is a fine player, but we have Lance Moore.

Wallace fits in nicely alongside Moore/Colston/Graham.

But he wouldn't top more then 40 catches/800 yards in our offense.

Yep

I'd go with Wallace. Jennings is probably the best all around receiver on the list there but the constant injuries are tiresome. Welker is a fine player, but we have Lance Moore.

Wallace fits in nicely alongside Moore/Colston/Graham.

But he wouldn't top more then 40 catches/800 yards in our offense.

I'm guessing your a fantasy sports lover. No left tackle, defense, or long term deal for Graham, but lets get a high priced WR. Because we haven't had success with drafting them in the seventh round or signing as an udfa.

I'm guessing your a fantasy sports lover. No left tackle, defense, or long term deal for Graham, but lets get a high priced WR. Because we haven't had success with drafting them in the seventh round or signing as an udfa.

Ugh, did he not say if money weren't an issue? We are hypothetically speaking here...

Sure, absolutely. That's exactly what this thread is about :9:

Do not like Wallace only because he is a deep threat receiver and that's just about it. I feel finding a player who can be a deep threat is easier to find than an overall receiver. I'm not ready to pump 7 million plus into a deep threat when Morgan seemed to be just fine in that role last season. I think Jennings would be the better fit for this team since Amendola and Wes Welker have similar roles to Moore. Jennings can work underneath and be explosive with the deep ball. Plus "he puts the team on his back doh"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom