If MT says he is good and the Dr Approves..Let Him Play (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I see people saying that it’s ok if he sits and we lose. We aren’t playing for the division. We are playing for home field throughout. That’s what hurt us last year. The saints were disappointed that they had to play wild card weekend and came out flat and lost against the Vikings. Every game counts. If we lose, I prefer it’s at the end of the year when we lock up the 1# seed. If mike says he can go and the doctors approve it. Let him play

I hope he is ready for Green Bay game. That is by far the toughest game until bye week. Looking at Green Bays schedule I dont see too many losses. They play the AFC and NFC South with games against the diminished Eagles and 49ers.

That being said if the Saints defense makes life miserable for Rogers like they did Brady I see the Saints winning by 5 at least.

He's not playing.

The reports about him feeling "fantastic" may be true, but it's also to make sure LV is planning for him to play in some capacity just in case. But he won't. The injury is too tricky and this is the least important game on our schedule (along with Denver).

The fact we haven't put him on IR means that there may be a shot he could play vs. GB.

Do we want to get into another Alvin Kamara situation, because this is how we get into another Alvin Kamara situation.
Yep.

I don't want a 60% MT13 catching 4 passes for 35 yards a game. I'd rather sit him out until the bye (very manageable schedule) and have the best WR in football back in the fold.

I see people saying that it’s ok if he sits and we lose. We aren’t playing for the division. We are playing for home field throughout. That’s what hurt us last year. The saints were disappointed that they had to play wild card weekend and came out flat and lost against the Vikings. Every game counts. If we lose, I prefer it’s at the end of the year when we lock up the 1# seed. If mike says he can go and the doctors approve it. Let him play

He CAN play. But the typical timeline for return to play after a high ankle sprain is 4-6 weeks. Even if he has a mild sprain and he's a fast healer, you are typically still looking at a 2-3 week return to play. Putting someone back sooner significantly risks re-injury or compensatory injury. The Saints put Kamara back early last year, and he ended up getting a knee sprain that ailed him the entire season. You can't brace the ankle without affecting the kinetic chain...and it bite the Saints and frankly it hurt Kamara's ability to cash in for a pay day this offseason. The medical staff has to make the right decision for the player and the franchise, because players are going to want to get back on the field in spite of better medical judgement and often coaches are short sighted. There has to be a strong voice of reason with medical expertise that says that is certainly isn't worth the risk of having Thomas miss extended time or having him play through injury for the entire season.

Last edited:
I haven’t seen anyone say it’s okay if we lose. I think the thinking is, let him heal so we may avoid a further aggravated injury that puts him out for months. It’s really that simple. If the team think he’s well enough, he’ll play, but if there’s doubt, he should and will probably sit this week.

If you need Michael Thomas to beat the Raiders, you got big problems. Now Green Bay is another story.
This. Michael Thomas playing doesn't mean the Saints win anymore than him not playing means they lose. He needs to sit.

It's a long season, don't rush him back. I think we stand a good chance against the Raiders without him.
High ankle sprains sometimes takes quite a while to heal, and the only way to get it better is to rest. I do not think we need CGM to whip the Raiders.

In truth——Sanders has red zone targets week one=he and drew have synergy already.
no, sanders isn’t Mike, but can step into the WR1 role if needed.
if anything, this TQS chance to shine.
Cook/Kamara/Hill/Murray/Harris are also there......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom