If MT13 gets fined (1 Viewer)

We'd all be singing a different tune if that penalty cost us the game. Rams had th epotential for great field position from the kickoff. Could have ended badly. Then we'd be all over MT for that stunt at a critical time in the game.

Why was there a flag? I though celebrations were no allowed and seem to be encouraged? My only issue is the 15 yard penalty. Man, that could bite us in the wrong situation.

He used a prop, the flip phone, which is still a penalty. If he had pretended the football was a flip phone and used it instead, no penalty.

Dude should be fined!!

For public abuse of a defensive back

12 catches on15 targets
211 yds
17.6 ypr
11 1st downs
91% 1st down %
TD

That was a brutal beating.

Hahahah, great response!

From Utah..... I'm guessing another Taysom fan? :plus-un:

I hope Mike Thomas & Taysom Hill run a reverse Fleaflicker for a TD...

:homer:
"Ohhhhhh, fleaeeee-flicker"

There were a couple of clowns calling in on WWL radio this morning saying that CSP should sit him out for the first half of the next game. Are you fricking serious? Last time I checked we only have a ONE game lead on Panthers and in the mist of a playoff run with home field advantage throughout. Suck it up cupcakes and move on!

Let's be honest.

He shouldn't have done it, especially during a close game.

At the same time, it was funny and I really didn't care that he did it. (I wonder if he had two hidden out there, since he wouldn't be sure which side he's score a TD on).

He's got the money to cover it, save yours.

This has nothing to do with how old a person is as some have tried to paint the opposing views on the MT Joe Horn tribute. I for one would have liked him using the football as a phone at the goal post to simulate the Joe Horn celebration. It would have accomplished the same thing. Instead, MT planned the event and planted the prop knowing fully well it would cost the team a penalty. That is an error in judgement on MT's part. You never plan a penalty against your team. He could have planned using the football as I state earlier and everyone would be enjoying the tribute. He made a bad decision on how he celebrated, not that he celebrated.

Being over 40 (as if that's old) has nothing to do with this at all. To the "younger" posters to are using this schtick, keep on living and you will be "old" one day too! The use of one's age as a way to put someone's opinions down is just a convenient and tired mechanism of baseless criticism.

Let's be honest.

He shouldn't have done it, especially during a close game.

At the same time, it was funny and I really didn't care that he did it. (I wonder if he had two hidden out there, since he wouldn't be sure which side he's score a TD on).

He's got the money to cover it, save yours.
I read an article on nfl.com that said he found these "Obama" phones somewhere, bought two and planted one on each goal post.
Also in the after the game interview, he was asked about the celebration and he said that he got CSP 's permission so it did not come as a surprise to him either.

This has nothing to do with how old a person is as some have tried to paint the opposing views on the MT Joe Horn tribute. I for one would have liked him using the football as a phone at the goal post to simulate the Joe Horn celebration. It would have accomplished the same thing. Instead, MT planned the event and planted the prop knowing fully well it would cost the team a penalty. That is an error in judgement on MT's part. You never plan a penalty against your team. He could have planned using the football as I state earlier and everyone would be enjoying the tribute. He made a bad decision on how he celebrated, not that he celebrated.

Being over 40 (as if that's old) has nothing to do with this at all. To the "younger" posters to are using this schtick, keep on living and you will be "old" one day too! The use of one's age as a way to put someone's opinions down is just a convenient and tired mechanism of baseless criticism.

Over 40 is old. That;s near a fossil. Your Denny's 10% AARP card is right around the corner. I know because i am really old - lol

Swimmer, I have a picture of me in one of my Christmas presents, a New Orleans Saints uniform with helmet and #8 on the jersey. I was born a Saints fan but did not know it until I saw Archie Manning play for the Saints. Now, that's how old I am!

30k was the same fine Joe Horn got in 2003!

Joe should be mad. With inflation the 30k Joe paid would be 41k in today's dollars.

Then again the NFL wasn't quite as sissy back then. Love ya Tags.

2018 Offseason News -

Verizon makes Michael Thomas their new spokesperson. Pays him 100 million for 10 commercials. Resigns with Saints for Veteran minimum. Boom!

"Can you hear me now?"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom