If no Michael Thomas again this Sunday then more of Marquez Callaway (1 Viewer)

TQS, isnt going anywhere, He makes splash plays, but he plays the chess part of WR very well.
Blocking, and clearing out coverage for other teammates.

Maybe it's the number 12, but Callaway just looks comfortable and fluent in the offense. Has he ever lined up wrong? Can he block? Does he run good routes? If the answer to these questions is "yes," then we have a gem who seems to be uncommonly proficient, especially for a rookie. His return skills, furthermore, are above average at the very least.

Caveat: I thought Toon would be good. :covri:

Calloway should be starting over Thomas, he has a higher ceiling.

200.gif

Im just gonna chalk this post up to "well it is 2020 and people are losing their minds"

The thing I hate about Tre'quan is the fact that after a good game, he will not be a factor for some time. People would gush over him after one good game. But for 3 years now, he had some good games, but it was very few and far between. He just need to be consistent or be a consistent options on every game.

I know what you're saying and I agree but it's not entirely up to him. The way he's factored into the gameplan changes from week to week. He doesn't see a consistent amount of targets so it's hard to judge just how good he is. But if you look at his targets since MT went out, he's been reliable.

Week 2 - 7 targets, 5 rec, 86 yards
Week 3 - 6 targets, 4 rec, 42 yards
Week 4 - 4 targets, 4 rec, 54 yards, 2 TDs
Week 5 - 3 targets, 2 rec, 8 yards

He's been targeted 10 or more times once in his career. His rookie season against the Eagles he saw 13 targets and recorded 10 rec, 157 yards, and a TD. Playing on an offense with MT and AK, Smith is never going to see the amount of targets needed to put up good numbers. That's not his role with this team. His role is to block and make a play when his number is called. Hopefully he's gained some confidence while MT has been out because he could be a sneaky factor in the passing game as the season progresses.

Watching some of his highlight reels (I know), I see a lot of his highlights are remarkably similar to CGM. A lot of back shoulder throws, high point & contested catches. He fights for yards, breaks tackles and not afraid of contact over the middle. Oh & he's got speed to boot. I don't post much with these "beast" threads, but I really like what I see with Callaway. Moreso than any other low or undrafted pick WR since Colston. Honestly, it should tell you a lot that Payton put him on the 53 and let go some players who showed some promise as well last season. I'm nore ready to call him a stud or special just yet, but I feel he's got a lot of the potential needed to become that type of player.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom