If no Michael Thomas again this Sunday then more of Marquez Callaway (1 Viewer)

If MT isn't available this week, he (Callaway) will more than likely get some opportunities. Hope he makes the best of any chance he gets, I'll be looking forward to seeing him in the offense this week.

I’d imagine he gets some looks. I think Cook becomes a lot more important.

We’re also going to run the ball a lot. Kamara should go off.

I’d imagine he gets some looks. I think Cook becomes a lot more important.

We’re also going to run the ball a lot. Kamara should go off.

Ive been waiting on Cook to become a factor the entire time CGM has been out, and it largely just isn’t happening. I don’t what the issue is, but he’s only good for a couple catches each game... sometimes they’re BIG catches, but he hasn’t been getting many targets.

I like Callaway, but he’s not picking up for the absence of CGM... that’s just unfair to the kid.
The Saints offense won’t really “get right” until CGM does.

When Callaway comes in it moves TQS back to his usual slot role and he disappears again. I like TQS in that outside reciever role as he’s more productive there and he has a knack for the end zone.

When Callaway comes in it moves TQS back to his usual slot role and he disappears again. I like TQS in that outside reciever role as he’s more productive there and he has a knack for the end zone.
Both of those guys will dominate the receiver snaps this week, assuming there are any.

Ive been waiting on Cook to become a factor the entire time CGM has been out, and it largely just isn’t happening. I don’t what the issue is, but he’s only good for a couple catches each game... sometimes they’re BIG catches, but he hasn’t been getting many targets.

I like Callaway, but he’s not picking up for the absence of CGM... that’s just unfair to the kid.
The Saints offense won’t really “get right” until CGM does.

He was injured, came back and made the biggest offensive play of the game against LA.

He's had another week to heal and get ready.

Feed Sanders and Smith so when Mike comes back it’s like clockwork , at some point we need to get Jared Cook going and Trequan more consistent looks

Both of those guys will dominate the receiver snaps this week.

Which is bad news for TQS IMO because that puts him in his Houdini role. It’d be nice to see more TQS and Callaway on the outside with Sanders in the slot. The only game that Sanders played heavy slot snaps was in the Detroit game and both him and TQS played well, so it’d be nice to see that with Callaway as the other reciever on the outside. But as mentioned when all three are on the field together it moves TQS in the slot where he disappears.

I hope Callaway becomes better than Michael Thomas. I know he probably won't but we should all be hoping that our backups become better than our stars, it's always a good thing.

Callaway has 4 catches for 30 something yards and people start throwing around “stud” and “beast” lol

I’m going with the guy who had 12 catches for 120+ yards in that same game. Sanders.

It's more than TQS has for all but two (at most) games a season. Even then, it wasn't so much his catches themselves, but what he showed with them. He looked decisive, elusive, and even pleasantly surprised me by lowering his shoulder and trying to run over the DB.

Nobody with any sense of realism is saying he's a stud, but the talent to be either is clearly there. People are excited about him flashing this early in his career points to the beginning of a strong WR core starting to flash, even looking passed Sanders. MT, Callaway, a FA/High draft pick, and Harris (I'm assuming we don't re-sign TQS here) looks pretty strong on paper. Throw in Kamara, a second-year Trautman and possibly Cook, with a young (and possibly mobile), big-armed QB and it starts to feel pretty daunting with someone like SP at the helm.

Which is bad news for TQS IMO because that puts him in his Houdini role. It’d be nice to see more TQS and Callaway on the outside with Sanders in the slot. The only game that Sanders played heavy slot snaps was in the Detroit game and both him and TQS played well, so it’d be nice to see that with Callaway as the other reciever on the outside. But as mentioned when all three are on the field together it moves TQS in the slot where he disappears.
The thing I hate about Tre'quan is the fact that after a good game, he will not be a factor for some time. People would gush over him after one good game. But for 3 years now, he had some good games, but it was very few and far between. He just need to be consistent or be a consistent options on every game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom