If Payton doesn't do something about the defense (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
this offseason, I'm going to be ticked! This is absolutely the worst secondary I have ever seen! I'm disgusted with it. These guys are professional athletes, and can't cover any better than that! They are a joke!

Wassup with Payton's play calling. He called the same exact play last season with the same result! We had this game won! Dang!

Payton's defense is just horrible. He had chances this offseason to possibly sign an impact FA on Def (ex Fletcher who signed with Wash), but he did not even try with the FO and we signed marginal backups. In the draft we took a guy in the first rd who has NOT been on the active roster yet this year. We continually blow assignments and get put in mismatches. We make few if any adjustments as games unfold and we simply get gouged for repeated big plays game after game. Someone needs to be held accountable for this debacle.

Last edited:
every ******** (no veiled profanity please) game I witness pathetic play by our secondary! except for McKinsey, all the rest of them ******** need to go!

Last edited by a moderator:
We need a whole new defense

2 DTs
1 Pass rushing DE
2 LBs
1 starting CB
2 starting S (Haper is a backup S IMO)

Yes, it was terrible the way we forced a missed field goal, a pick-6 interception and a safety. That has got to stop. The defense put our offense in position to win the game. If anything, Payton needs to either hire an OC or go back to OC school himself.

Yes, it was terrible the way we forced a missed field goal, a pick-6 interception and a safety. That has got to stop. The defense put our offense in position to win the game. If anything, Payton needs to either hire an OC or go back to OC school himself.

It goes both ways. Neither played well.

The defense allowed so many long drives that the Offense was only on the field 15 minutes total at the start of the 4th quater. Yeah they didn't break but it still put us in a bad spot. We only ran 47 plays today. Hell we usually have that many passes, much less total plays.

There was no excuse for the defense to allow the game to even be close playing a 3rd string QB who hadn't thrown a pass in 3 years.

The offense wasn't terrible today. We just didn't hardly get on the field. When we did we scored twice. But a rhythm based offense like ours can't succeed if the defense never gets off the field. It was an absolute miracle that we held the bucs to 20 points when Galloway had 150 yards in the first half alone and they allowed 450 yards total.

So you're okay with the defense today?

this offseason, I'm going to be ticked! This is absolutely the worst secondary I have ever seen! I'm disgusted with it. These guys are professional athletes, and can't cover any better than that! They are a joke!

Wassup with Payton's play calling. He called the same exact play last season with the same result! We had this game won! Dang!

Your point would hit home if you would just use more explamation points

Okay? Yes, I'm okay with it. Anytime the defense puts you in position to win, that's "okay" in my opinion. Was it a dominating, 3 and out forcing defense? Of course not. But when the defense scores 8 points and holds the opposition to 20, then it's on the offense to do the rest.

Okay? Yes, I'm okay with it. Anytime the defense puts you in position to win, that's "okay" in my opinion. Was it a dominating, 3 and out forcing defense? Of course not. But when the defense scores 8 points and holds the opposition to 20, then it's on the offense to do the rest.

Of course, but its a fact that no team ever wins consistently relying on their offense. Even the Colts had a great D in that playoff run last year.

I want a defense that can win a game or 2 a year for us. Not just put us in position, but actually shut another team down. Allowing 450 yards to a 3rd string QB is ridiculous.

So you're okay with the offense? This offense isn't even a shadow of what it was last year. It's totally inconsistent. There's no decent play-calling, no running game, and no execution. I thought the defense played respectably today. At least they held Tampa's offense to 13 points, and scored 8 themselves. What else do you want from them? Geez.

So you're okay with the offense? This offense isn't even a shadow of what it was last year. It's totally inconsistent. There's no decent play-calling, no running game, and no execution. I thought the defense played respectably today. At least they held Tampa's offense to 13 points, and scored 7 themselves. What else do you want from them? Geez.

I'm sick of relying on offense. We've done that for 7 years now and its gotten us one trip to the playoffs. I'm ready to have a real defense that doesn't allow 450 total yards to a 3rd string QB. Did you see the TOP today? We didn't have the ball for 20 minutes. We are a rhythm based offense. They had held the ball twice as long as us through 3 quaters. Most offenses will struggle to get in the grove in that situation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom