If Payton goes, Brees goes (1 Viewer)

Clintonrebel

Pro-Bowler
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Be careful what you ask for. I don't care to watch SP win a super bowl for another team while Brees breaks the all time passing record wearing another jersey in 18

2017 or bust. But if he leaves this year it's back to the dark ages.

Neither are going anywhere in 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brees can't be traded and it would be a massive cap hit if cut.

Drew's not going anywhere no matter what.

That being said, I don't buy into the Payton rumors.

Be careful what you ask for. I don't care to watch SP win a super bowl for another team while Brees breaks the all time passing record wearing another jersey in 18

2017 or bust. But if he leaves this year it's back to the dark ages.

And???????????

I don't think either are going anywhere either, but for those calling for SP's head, just remember that Brees likely will refuse to play his last year under a new coach. He holds more cards in this than one might think.

I don't think either are going anywhere either, but for those calling for SP's head, just remember that Brees likely will refuse to play his last year under a new coach. He holds more cards in this than one might think.

then Brees is perfectly fine to retire, but it would hurt the Saints to trade him

How do you figure that? He either plays for us, retires, or accept a trade. All of which I am cool with. The only thing HE can do on his own is retire, which I do not believe he wants to do. He can ask for a trade, but the Saints are not obligated to do so.

You better believe that he will have some say. Not the final say, but he'll chime in. He is not playing for some unproven new coach without having some say. He'll sit out via "retirement" until Loomis bends if he has to.

Its a business. That's what the players are always told. Brees is not sacrificing himself so that the Saints can sell tickets a few more years. If Brees wants SP back, then SP comes back

You better believe that he will have some say. Not the final say, but he'll chime in. He is not playing for some unproven new coach without having some say. He'll sit out via "retirement" until Loomis bends if he has to.

Its a business. That's what the players are always told. Brees is not sacrificing himself so that the Saints can sell tickets a few more years. If Brees wants SP back, then SP comes back

:spit:

Nope. He can chime in all he wants, but at the end of the day, he is under contract. Play or retire. Those are his options.

Brees threwith for 5,000 yards, we had a 1,000 yard rusher and multiple 1,000 yard receivers. Our offense is consistently towards the top of the league and you are speaking of him leaving? The problem is clearly defense and we're talking about the wrong people here...

Big Timer, if SP goes against Brees wishes, don't put it past him to "retire" until they trade him to a team he approves. He is simply not going to be used as ticket bait like a circus attraction when he has 10,000 more yards left in that arm.

If Brees wants SP, he'll be back.

I think the point is the Saints need to do whatever they can to keep Payton because of Brees. If the Saints lose Payton and then have to trade Brees, then the Saints will use any draft picks to pick someone they cut in three years because they cannot evaluate talent. Then we are back to another 40 years of being the NFC version of the Browns. People forget how bad it was before Payton and Brees.
Then you trade him.

I think the point is the Saints need to do whatever they can to keep Payton because of Brees. If the Saints lose Payton and then have to trade Brees, then the Saints will use any draft picks to pick someone they cut in three years because they cannot evaluate talent. Then we are back to another 40 years of being the NFC version of the Browns. People forget how bad it was before Payton and Brees.

People have not forgot the problem is that you have a lot of fans who don't want to be successful they would rather that we be like browns and constantly change coaches every year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom