If Saints move on from Sanders who would you like N.O to bring in. (1 Viewer)

The game plan rarely seemed to feature him. When he was getting the ball he was darn good. Those couple deep contested catches were awesome. Need to get the ball down field and open it up.

Yea if we have a downfield throwing Qb I think Sanders would be amazing.. assuming we keep Jaemis

Sanders came to NOLA as a legit receiver. With the injury and Brees not able to throw a deep ball screwed Sanders over. He still has it in him.
What injury? I don't recall Sanders getting hurt.

I think he's someone we need to keep. We've been missing that number 2 for awhile and we're going to let him go?! I'd hope not.

I’m drunk. Right team, right position, wrong player. I really liked #17 Cornell Powell. He reminds me of Micheal Thomas.
You are correct. Ettiene plays for Clemson. I was saying that I’d rather have Harris from Bama.

You are correct. Ettiene plays for Clemson. I was saying that I’d rather have Harris from Bama.

I like Ettiene but I was imagining Powell when I typed that post. I also prefer Harris, although I really liked Trey Sermon from Ohio State.

To supplement the possible loss of Sanders and for value, I think we could get Powell in the mid rounds and he could be a gem.

Sanders is our slot Wide receiver for atleast the next 2 seasons . They’ll work and figure it out . What we need to be looking at in FA is a #2 as Trequan is the 4
I’d be good with Smith not being on this roster.

I'm hoping I'm having an r/woosh moment, but is this guy serious?
very serious. I look at Sanders to be a high value receiver. Maybe not equal to MT but a solid second . MT is $20mil a year. we need to cut about$80 mil of the cap. So do you trade MT or get rid of about 5-6 other players?

very serious. I look at Sanders to be a high value receiver. Maybe not equal to MT but a solid second . MT is $20mil a year. we need to cut about$80 mil of the cap. So do you trade MT or get rid of about 5-6 other players?

Except your logic is flawed. Cutting or trading MT would accelerate the cap hit of his recent contract, so that it would actually cost us MORE against the salary cap to trade him then to keep him. It's just bad cap-enomics!

Jamison Crowder could be on his way out in NY. Might cost too much for mostly a slot WR, but he has played on the outside some the last few years.

I think we need another younger player that threatens the defense deep, whether it's a full time #2 like Fuller (who will probably get paid like a #1), or someone to compete with Deonte Harris in the speedster role. I think the full time #2 option would be best as you could keep them on the field more often and interchange Harris and Sanders/his replacement.

Something else on this. I think it will be interesting to see how much Payton sticks with the play-to-play personnel change approach once Brees isn't the quarterback.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom