If Saints trade for/acquire Carr/Jimmy G what's the next priority in draft?? (1 Viewer)

I would say that regardless of Carr or Jimmy G I'd be looking to draft Hendon Hooker in the 2nd or 3rd to sit for a couple of years and grow into the position (and get healthy).
The Saints are desperate for so many positions it's almost ridiculous.
Mickey Loomis doesn't know the meaning of what I am about to write but I'll write it anyway. Ideally, we would trade DOWN, pick up some draft picks. I'd even trade down in the second if I could. I'd take Hooker if he's available with a late 2nd, early 3rd. We need serious help on the D line, esp. D Tackle, we need a guard, we desperately need a RB, and we need some young safeties. It's a big list of needs but we can live without first round guys, we need good young healthy bodies to fill spots and learn. We have a good track record of later round offensive line. Big guys at D tackle can be found in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and at safety we have a couple of guys on the team, they are just long in the tooth so it would be nice to get some younger guys who can learn and be ready in a year or 2. As for Hendon Hooker, he has real potential, his injury gives us an opportunity to get him later than his skill set would normally position him in the draft. Handle this year correctly and we could set ourselves up for the future.

RB, Guard, DT, RB in rounds 1, 2, 4 and 5, assuming the 3rd round pick goes to Raiders. Best would be to maybe slide down in round 1 or round 2 and try to maneuver to get back into late second or 3rd round again. Team really needs a run stuffing DT, a Guard to replace Peat and two RB's, a bruiser and a smaller back who can take on some of the backfield passes and outside runs. (Saints have two 5th round picks this year. These are guys who can make the team and might be able to contribute.)

if you have elite line play, you dont need a high end RB, we could run thru an elite line. helps QB play as well if they have more time to survey the field. id go DT and OL the first 2 picks, then a RB in the third

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom