If Saints win Saturday Night (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Should they immediately travel for San Fran Sunday morning and train the week there to prep for the 49ers?

I think the Saints is a team that has to do this in order to avoid the long flight jet lag, history is not too forgiving when you have to travel so far to places like San Fran, Oakland, and Seattle.

I would imagine they would travel on Friday and act like it is a noon game instead of a 3:30 game.

Coaches are creatures of habit and may just approach it like they normally do in the regular season, after all they've went up there in the last four years (SF and Seattle) in the regular season and won.

If they do get there early it may be an admission that the wild card game last year could have been handled better from that standpoint so who knows.

What you talking bout if!?

2 hour jetlag? I don't see that being a factor. These guys are professionals.

You'd be surprised, traveling to the opposite coast is notoriously hard in the NFL. Maybe not so much for us as it would be for an east coast team but it's still no walk in the park.

But they gain 2 hours... It's not like they're going to Japan and losing an entire day.

I would agree with this if we were playing in Lambeau. We need to get used to the weather. But SF isn't very cold.

It's the west coast teams traveling east that face a problem. When east coast teams travel west, it feels later in the day than it is, though not be much. Therefore, if the game starts at noon in the west, it's like 2:00 in New Orleans. If it starts at 4:30, it's like 6:30. The only problem would be if it's a late game, such as the 8:00 game the Saints are playing tomorrow. Then it would feel like 10:00, and that could pose a problem.

I think they should fly instead of taking the Greyhound.

I went to SF last year for the MNF game, I think it was in September... it was windy and cold. Weather sucked in SF, I think that is the entire reason for the birth of the west coast offense created by B. Walsh. Shorter accurate passes not affected by the wind. First things first, Detroit.

I'm more worried about the wind than the jetlag.

Then again we do have a beast o-line and three-headed monster at RB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom