IF Sean Payton is burned out and steps away from the NFL the PLEASE LET IT BE FOR THIS REASON.. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
If he does leave and call it quits. I hope he writes a tell all story and slams the NFL for everything it does and makes it known that it's rigged and hopefully explain on what levels and what goes into it. Sean Payton would be the one to do it! He's clearly tired of some sort of BS.

I'd imagine that all involved in NFL dealings have signed non-disclosure agreements or something like that. whistleblowing at the expense of millions of dollars just doesn't happen.

I'd imagine that all involved in NFL dealings have signed non-disclosure agreements or something like that. whistleblowing at the expense of millions of dollars just doesn't happen.
Which makes me believe it really is rigged for them to have all of that. Even one ex player tweeted about it being rigged and signing something to not discuss into detail.

He can be like OJ, and write a book. "Im not Sean Payton and this book wasn't written by me. But if it was, this is how things would have went down". He can even write it under a pseudonym šŸ˜†

I'm hoping that if he walks away, he stays away from coaching ever again. My grand conspiracy theory would be that he might be considering coaching the Cowboys in 2024 or 2025 after taking a year "off" to do broadcasting. By doing it this way, he saves Dallas having to make a trade and give up draft assets he would need as the had coach at Dallas. He is under contract through the 2024 season. If he leaves before then, would the Saints still have some "rights" to him if he returned before then. Maybe he does broadcasting for three seasons and comes back as a "free agent" coach in 2025. That would be terrible for us because we get zero draft choices because of it.

I'm hoping that if he walks away, he stays away from coaching ever again. My grand conspiracy theory would be that he might be considering coaching the Cowboys in 2024 or 2025 after taking a year "off" to do broadcasting. By doing it this way, he saves Dallas having to make a trade and give up draft assets he would need as the had coach at Dallas. He is under contract through the 2024 season. If he leaves before then, would the Saints still have some "rights" to him if he returned before then. Maybe he does broadcasting for three seasons and comes back as a "free agent" coach in 2025. That would be terrible for us because we get zero draft choices because of it.
Brings up a good question . . . Does the current contract keep him through 2024 or for the number of years. Example, if he doesn't coach in 22-24, do the Saints hold his contractual rights for 3 years or is it through 2024? Given the above scenario, would Dallas still have to trade for his rights?

I don't understand why Dallas would be a strong draw for Payton anymore. To me it was all about his wife and kids living in Dallas and wanting to be closer to them. Well he is now divorced and his kids are both college aged or higher.

So what is pulling him to Dallas? The desire to work with Jerry Jones as his owner/GM.....?

I don't understand why Dallas would be a strong draw for Payton anymore. To me it was all about his wife and kids living in Dallas and wanting to be closer to them. Well he is now divorced and his kids are both college aged or higher.

So what is pulling him to Dallas? The desire to work with Jerry Jones as his owner/GM.....?
I don't understand it either. He has so much power/responsibility in the Saints organization right now. What could he possibly get elsewhere? In Dallas, he'd have Jerrah all up in his business and on the sidelines during games. I just don't get it. He has everything he could reasonably want with the Saints.

Why on earth would he do this? He's friends with a lot of people and he's going to walk into broadcasting and make tons. This is silly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom