If Sean Payton trade happens, Saints will consider Doug Marrone: report - NOLA [MERGED 2X] (1 Viewer)

Take it for what it's worth. I am strongly believing SP is back. He wants another SB as does Breed. 2017 and 2018 provide their best chances here in NO.

EDIT :

Take it for what it is: media drama. SP ain't going any place this year, imvho

even if the garbage rumor had any substance to it, Marrone doesn't look like a really good candidate

Sorry. Hers the infamous link If Sean Payton trade happens, Saints will consider Doug Marrone: report | NOLA.com

edit: And Doug Marrone? Has he ever been with a winning team in the pros either as coordinator or OC?

I just want to put this out there. Doug Marrone had the Bills trending up. The players and fans were devastated when left.

If some unknown guy like Ben McAdoo can take a team to the playoffs in his first year that haven't been in 4 years than Marrone could surely do it. He's a pretty decent coach.

I'm not saying we should do this but I'm just saying he's not terrible.

I just want to put this out there. Doug Marrone had the Bills trending up. The players and fans were devastated when left.

If some unknown guy like Ben McAdoo can take a team to the playoffs in his first year that haven't been in 4 years than Marrone could surely do it. He's a pretty decent coach.

I'm not saying we should do this but I'm just saying he's not terrible.

He certainly has the jags looking better

Why would this organization want a coach that quit on his team???

He didn't quit, he had an out clause after new owners and gm took over. I can't blame him, usually the writing is on the wall when that happens. People calling the shots usually want their people in. So he checked out while he was on top and still a hot commodity and got paid just the same.

Honestly he has more skins on the wall than when we hired Peyton. Who else has had a winning season in Buffalo lately. Let that sink in.....

If they do make a change, Carmichael would be the easy choice and provide offensive continuity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

He served as Saints offensive coordinator from 2006 to 2008, during Payton and Drew Brees' first three seasons with the organization.

There's another error in his report ... Marrone was offensive line coach, not offensive coordinator, for the Saints.

He didn't quit, he had an out clause after new owners and gm took over. I can't blame him, usually the writing is on the wall when that happens. People calling the shots usually want their people in. So he checked out while he was on top and still a hot commodity and got paid just the same.

Honestly he has more skins on the wall than when we hired Peyton. Who else has had a winning season in Buffalo lately. Let that sink in.....

Good post! Thanks for clearing that up.

Rapoport is the guy that keeps pushing Doug Marrone for the Saints. I suppose he'll be happy then and go and make stories up about some other team for a while.

Marrone did have a winning season (9-7) in Buffalo in his second year as HC in 2014. That was before the ownership change, when the new owner did not want to make a long term commitment to Marrone. Just as a point of reference, our last winning season was 2013.

Marrone may or may not be a good candidate, but he's certainly no "garbage" coach.

I never read in any of the articles whether loomis would be the person that makes that call or would he be gone with SP? With out that level of specification, I can't take it seriously.

Dumb to consider Marrone. Nobody likes him and he's had no real success anywhere, but has a huge ego regardless.

The #1 thing that makes an NFL job attractive is having a quarterback. It's the difference between Bellichick with the Browns and with the Pats. Why slum it with someone like Marrone? If Brees is going to be here another couple seasons we can get anyone we want. Someone with better qualifications.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom