If Sean Payton trade happens, Saints will consider Doug Marrone: report - NOLA [MERGED 2X] (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
Take it for what it's worth. I am strongly believing SP is back. He wants another SB as does Breed. 2017 and 2018 provide their best chances here in NO.

EDIT :
The report said there remained a "very real" possibility for the Saints to complete a trade that would release Payton to the Los Angeles Rams, with the San Diego Chargers another possibility if that team makes a coaching change.

Take it for what it is: media drama. SP ain't going any place this year, imvho

Marrone is currently the interim coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars. He served as Saints offensive coordinator from 2006 to 2008, during Payton and Drew Brees' first three seasons with the organization.

Marrone left after 2008 to be the head coach at Syracuse. He has two seasons of NFL head coaching experience, guiding the Buffalo Bills to 6-10 and 9-7 records in 2013 and 2014. The Jaguars hired him as assistant head coach in 2015.

even if the garbage rumor had any substance to it, Marrone doesn't look like a really good candidate

Sorry. Hers the infamous link http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2017/01/saints_sean_payton_doug_marron.html#incart_river_mobile_home

edit: And Doug Marrone? Has he ever been with a winning team in the pros either as coordinator or OC?

Dumb report for many reasons.

Payton has been building for staying. We know loyalty is important to him, even to the stream.

Leaving will mean working for Kroenke or Spanos. Think about that.

Rams have no assets for compensation, the Chargers are an old team.

Saints would decide level of compensation, and Loomis' job is to get he most of it.

La Canfora.

People (and local writers) have to understand the reason of these rumours. The NFL and its owners need to bring excitement to their newest darling market. The rams and chargers can't sell that and Sean Payton represents that excitement.

Only way I can see it is if Sean gets full control, long term and a solid base on roster, but the saints would need to get a franchise quarterback kind of ransom.

And btw, I think they will promote from the inside, either Carpenter or Allen.

Again, Sean is going nowhere. IF he does get traded to the rams then we should accept no less than Ogletree and a 2nd,or straight up for Robert Quinn.

If it comes down to getting traded though I think teams like the Colts,Jaguars would be willing to offer way more, and they both are set up to win early and would be enticing.

All of that said though Sean will be in a saints shirt on the sideline next year.

Sean Payton trade

BS_Meter.gif

Nah ask for Aaron Donald.

Again, Sean is going nowhere. IF he does get traded to the rams then we should accept no less than Ogletree and a 2nd,or straight up for Robert Quinn.

If it comes down to getting traded though I think teams like the Colts,Jaguars would be willing to offer way more, and they both are set up to win early and would be enticing.

All of that said though Sean will be in a saints shirt on the sideline next year.

Why in this world would the Saints trade Super Bowl winning coach Sean Payton, who just signed a new deal, for a huge step down in class to Doug Marrone of all people? If this happens, heads need to roll. I don't believe it for one second, there is no reason Sean should want to go to the Rams and inherit a mess along with a fan base in LA who don't care and never will.

I have heard that the FO is getting tired of the "will I stay or will I go" dance from SP. I think he is our HC for next season but I wouldn't be shocked if something crazy happens either. I doubt that these SP trade rumors started from nothing.

Meach- is this the type garbage on the internet that is more imagination than reality? Unless the writer has some real info, this is totally irresponsible story telling....

Its shock journalism, he's gotten really into this style and it's really hurting his credibility. He's got this obsession with Payton that I can only compare to Duncan.

Thank god Lyon Yellins changed the way he was doing business.

Its shock journalism, he's gotten really into this style and it's really hurting his credibility. He's got this obsession with Payton that I can only compare to Duncan.

Thank god Lyon Yellins changed the way he was doing business.

Thx Meach. Sounds like ******** journalism!

Meach- is this the type garbage on the internet that is more imagination than reality? Unless the writer has some real info, this is totally irresponsible story telling....
You just summed up LaCanfora's entire career. Note that he never definitely states anything. he only mentions rumors or possibilities.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom