If Sean Payton trade happens, Saints will consider Doug Marrone: report - NOLA [MERGED 2X] (1 Viewer)

If a team gives up enough to make such a trade worth it then the team will stink enough for Payton to not want to go.

I don't see it happening and if it does I don't understand why Carmichael wouldn't be the first consideration.

I think that the wildcard is how much tension, if any, exists between Payton and Loomis.

I don't believe this -- not one portion of it. Sean has said himself they would have to 'run him out of here' and 'don't see myself coaching anywhere else'.

I know hearts can change but come on...

i can't think of a year where there wasn't some SP leaving rumor - first few years it was to Jerruh and the 'boys
now it's wherever there's an opening

But specifically Marrone, if my memory serves, this rumor popped up last time the Saints played the Bills or Jaguars.

Payton hasn't had a winning season in 4 years with Drew Brees at QB. Just imagine what he'll do with the Rams QB of the week.

Meach- is this the type garbage on the internet that is more imagination than reality? Unless the writer has some real info, this is totally irresponsible story telling....

Swimmer, this kind of journalism always happens toward the end of the
year for teams that are out of the playoffs. It is a ploy to generate interest especially in a league that is losing ratings.

Dumb report for many reasons.

Payton has been building for staying. We know loyalty is important to him, even to the stream.

Leaving will mean working for Kroenke or Spanos. Think about that.

Rams have no assets for compensation, the Chargers are an old team.

Saints would decide level of compensation, and Loomis' job is to get he most of it.

La Canfora.

People (and local writers) have to understand the reason of these rumours. The NFL and its owners need to bring excitement to their newest darling market. The rams and chargers can't sell that and Sean Payton represents that excitement.

Only way I can see it is if Sean gets full control, long term and a solid base on roster, but the saints would need to get a franchise quarterback kind of ransom.

And btw, I think they will promote from the inside, either Carpenter or Allen.

I disagree on the Chargers, Rivers is a few years younger than Brees, they have a nice young stud rb and plenty of other nice young players esp on offense at wr and te. They are as talented as us, maybe more so with a younger QB and a better rb. They just need help on the online. Plus the weather is perfect and he's been cat chasing the last few years. I very much see the appeal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom