If Season Gets Cancelled, Would This be a Fun and Exciting Alternative? (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
I don't know the scalability and viewability aspects of Madden, so this may crash and burn on the runway......

But if the NFL does cancel the season, could we stage a Team by Team Madden league? Here's some thoughts and again, they may not work technically.

1) Each team fan group puts together a Madden team. It would be awesome if each team could have like and OC and DC in addition to Head Coach and maybe other positions, like trainer and waterboy - just having fun here....
2) It would be easy enough to get to the other fan bases to support a team through their team fansites
3) The teams would play out the season schedule: teams, dates and times, just as already scheduled
4) Of course there would be playoffs and a SB winner

I just think it would create some real fun. Maybe we could get a couple of players and/or coaches from each team assisting the HC, OC and DC on each team. I think it would create a lot of fun on the fan boards. And can you imagine the Monday morning critiquing - lmao

What do you Who Dats think? And if you like the concept, is it technically feasible where fans could login and watch the Madden games? Thx

^^It could work in theory, provided that most everyone involved has access to high-enough-speed internet. This has been the case with Zoom during this whole period. Participated in some Zoom karaoke with some friends of mine, but we found that each participant has to have their own music source due to the time delays and such.

We're trending hard toward not having a season, which means I'll just settle into some old games on YT. I predict views on YT in general will go through the roof for the rest of the year.

Swimmer my main man I love you but

hahaha! lmao Jason. Great short vid!!!

I want a season sooo bad, but if we don't, I would like to see if there's something resembling football where we can get a little stoked and get into competition mode against other "less deserving" - lol, fan bases.

Can we do a Madden League anyway? Lol

Literally nothing. If we don’t have a season with the most talented roster we’ve ever had and Drew being so close to retirement I would be depressed.

But of course the 1 year we have this good of a team will be the year that the season is canceled 😂

I posted this in the VG board a while back but didn't get very much attention, I don't like to spam but I'm not sure many people visit there so I think this might be a good spot to plug.

I created a card game that can be played in person or online. I call it Dynasty Craft. If you're familiar with games likes Hearthstone, Gwent, Magic the gathering, etc.

I have a Discord server to discuss the game and setup games with friends and also a Youtube channel with tutorials and gameplay demos.

You can make your own team (with some salary cap restrictions of course) and play 1v1 against a friend. But I find the game is the most fun when you get 6 people together and have a draft and organize games like a season and/or playoffs. I'd love to get a bunch of Saints Reporters involved, the rules may seem complicated at first, but a lot of it is very common sense if you have basic understanding of football. and once you get the hang of it, games play very smoothly.

Disclaimer: I know there are tons of copyright issues since I use player's actual last names and images, but this is just for fun. I'm in no way attemping to make any income from this, it's just something fun I've created that I want to play with friends!

https://discord.gg/sXwpJmN

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrVtsvn12XIyxK-CRWtw6YA?view_as=subscriber

Google Drive with all the rules and game files:

IMG_3888.JPG

YouTube.
It’s a website where kids can watch other kids open boxes and play with toys. It’s also pretty good for music.

Honestly... with all that’s going on in the world, and all the foolishness and blame and finger-pointing, and this whole “cancel culture” wave...

I don’t really care about the season anymore... I almost like the idea of all these super rich owners and prima donna athletes losing money and time.

I don't know the scalability and viewability aspects of Madden, so this may crash and burn on the runway......

But if the NFL does cancel the season, could we stage a Team by Team Madden league? Here's some thoughts and again, they may not work technically.

1) Each team fan group puts together a Madden team. It would be awesome if each team could have like and OC and DC in addition to Head Coach and maybe other positions, like trainer and waterboy - just having fun here....
2) It would be easy enough to get to the other fan bases to support a team through their team fansites
3) The teams would play out the season schedule: teams, dates and times, just as already scheduled
4) Of course there would be playoffs and a SB winner

I just think it would create some real fun. Maybe we could get a couple of players and/or coaches from each team assisting the HC, OC and DC on each team. I think it would create a lot of fun on the fan boards. And can you imagine the Monday morning critiquing - lmao

What do you Who Dats think? And if you like the concept, is it technically feasible where fans could login and watch the Madden games? Thx

No offense but I would just as soon set my head on fire and try to put it out with a wet hammer.:p

I don't know about Madden to help take the edge off of a missed season. I do enjoy watching high level rocket league tournaments. I probably try to get by without a season by watching that.

Id probably just start watching sporting events from other countries where a healthy chunk of the population aren't too stupid to distance and wear masks. They will get to have sports this fall. Maybe this will be the push soccer finally needs to get big in the US (doubtful for brazilian games though!!!!!)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom