If somehow that was pass interference in the end zone (1 Viewer)

lol at everyone begging for that call to be made...

someone should definitely make a gif of Jim Harbough making the rediculous ultra desperate holding gesture...classic!

Well Ginn had a nice punt return the last time it was kicked to him and it set up a score. I assume they did not want to punt it to Ginn in the shadow of their own goal post. You figure even a great punt and minimal return would put San Fran around the 50, if he broke a nice return he could have put them even closer and given them a shot at the end zone.

They deemed it safer to take as much time off the clock as they could, surrender the safety and free kick it well into San Fran's territory with 4 seconds left.

I bet on Baltimore, I got plus 4. I was winning my bet before the safety, I was winning my bet after the safety, and had San Fran come from behind scored the TD after the safety San Fran still would not have covered the 4.5. Any bet on Baltimore would have won regardless of the safety, they were getting the points, they didn't have to cover squat. Any bet on San Fran would have lost before and after the safety, they needed to cover the 4.5 and they were losing outright.

I do not see how the safety did anything to effect bets. Ruined some people's Superbowl squares, but it had no effect on anyone's bet.
You're right! I was analyzing it to hard. Underdog wins regardless.thanks for the clarification and yea we both won last night. I took balty under 22.5 1st half and lost. So I bounced back with balty over 10 2nd hf and SF -3.5 3rd qrtr. Then I had a future on balty to win the SB. I hedged it with SF ML +155 so it'd bring me money regardless of which side I was one. I wanted balty 3.5 but I was playing too cautious when my brain told me balty was the play.

On 5D it opened at 5 dropped to 3.5 in 2-3 days and stayed til gameday. it went up to 4. Early bets placed on balty +5 would've been pushed! Anyone on balty +3.5 would've lost had the score not change! Your line may have jumped throughout the week, mine didn't. That safety was set in place for the books. Bank on it. Either harbaugh had a runner bet on Balt +3.5 or the player did. Otherwise there'd be no reason. What's 5 seconds when SF HAD to score a TD to win?

What are you talking about? The safety didn't change anything.

But if he catches the ball, does he keep both feet inbounds? Nobody can go back and second-guess a game-ending play like that.

One of my favorite lines: Karma is a *****.

Exactly that is also why the ball is uncatchable isn't an argument in this situation. It's too close.

I was wondering when someone would mention the holds on the punt. There is no doubt that they were instructed to hold, fight and claw as long as possible. One Raven was bear hugging a 49er from behind while his feet were searching for traction as he was being dragged for about 10 yards right in front of the ref.

Calling holding on that play would have just resulted in a safety, yeah?

Oh that's how you justify it? Well tell me if that was the Saints in 2009, what would you say? "Oh it's OK we got those calls all year long, we lost fair and square" hell no, you'd be up and screaming and shouting.

This was the Super Bowl and the officials totally blew this game for them. They were selected to officiate the Super Bowl, why on Earth did Baltimore not get a single penalty for facemask or holding in that entire game? Where was the flags for this obvious really bad call? I'm not biased. I hate the 49ers, but I am looking at this from the perspective of if that was MY team, I'd be extremely ****** off at the NFL.

How about that hit out of bounds on flacco on the raven's previous drive on 3rd down? that should have been half the distance to the goal and first and goal on like the 7 or 8 yard line. Ravens probably get a touchdown out of that instead of a field goal.

I think the Niners were playing to get a call.

To win the superbowl, you call on your last play a FADE!? To me the fade is WAY too risky of a play, unless you're hoping the DB makes a little contact and you get a call. imo

I think they were playing for the penalty. I'm glad it was a no call.

What are you talking about? The safety didn't change anything.

Read my last post. I admit I wasn't thinking about it correctly when I stated it. I was over thinking it and the safety was purely for time burning.

Correct me if I'm wrong but even if the ball is uncatchable holding can still be called right?? I thought pass interference couldn't be called if its uncatchable..Regardless I think it was a good no call..They were both mauling each other and it wasn't like Crabtree didn't shove the defender to the ground ala Roddy White..

You are correct. Defensive holding does not depend on whether or not a ball is catchable; in fact, it's is many times called away from the ball. Pass interference is dependent on whether or not a ball is actually catchable.

I think the Niners were playing to get a call.

To win the superbowl, you call on your last play a FADE!? To me the fade is WAY too risky of a play, unless you're hoping the DB makes a little contact and you get a call. imo

I think they were playing for the penalty. I'm glad it was a no call.

Actually I think Kap looked to do a back shoulder pass to Crabtree (he was tapping the back of his head), but the pressure got in his face to quick so he just threw it up.

Actually I think Kap looked to do a back shoulder pass to Crabtree (he was tapping the back of his head), but the pressure got in his face to quick so he just threw it up.

Yeah, then I guess you have a good point, but man...I just don't like plays like that for your last play. They should have done a boot leg or something. But that's just me. Get CK out of the pocket to where come confusion can be made and he can zip one in there with his rocket arm.

Yeah, then I guess you have a good point, but man...I just don't like plays like that for your last play. They should have done a boot leg or something. But that's just me.

I agree, and I thought they should have run on 3rd down, because you know your going for it on 4th. Give Kap some options.

On 5D it opened at 5 dropped to 3.5 in 2-3 days and stayed til gameday. it went up to 4. Early bets placed on balty +5 would've been pushed! Anyone on balty +3.5 would've lost had the score not change! Your line may have jumped throughout the week, mine didn't. That safety was set in place for the books. Bank on it. Either harbaugh had a runner bet on Balt +3.5 or the player did. Otherwise there'd be no reason. What's 5 seconds when SF HAD to score a TD to win?

just amazingly ridiculous sometimes wizard....

it got them moved 25 yards up for the kick, burned a ton of time, eliminated any threat of a rush and gave them a much more controlled scenario to the finish.

Yeah, then I guess you have a good point, but man...I just don't like plays like that for your last play. They should have done a boot leg or something. But that's just me. Get CK out of the pocket to where come confusion can be made and he can zip one in there with his rocket arm.

ravens were blitzing secondary players off the edge to prevent this the entire time the 9ers were in the redzone. they were going to force kaepernick to complete a touch pass to score a td, and they succeeded in that strategy

It was a good no call Crabtree had his hands all over the defender earlier in the play and only took his hands off in anticipation of the catch and it would have been probably the greatest Catch in the history of the league if he could have caught it and stayed in bounds.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom