If somehow that was pass interference in the end zone (1 Viewer)

They let them play "street ball", for most of the game. Why change how the game was being called the entire game at the end? The wide out was pushing off and the corner was holding on. I think the "no call", was consistent with the way the game had been called all night.

The ball was overthrown a bit.....the reason for that was the pressure in Kaepernick's face. Had he have a bit more time to control his throw, that would have not mattered, for the WR had a 1/2 step over his defender, and that would have been a sure TD, pass interference or not.

It was a good no call, the reason for the incomplete pass was not the interference, but rather the great pressure against Kaepernick, who had no choice but overthrow his receiver.

Oh and BTW again correct me if I'm wrong but don't the DB's get 5 yard cushion??

The line of scrimmage was the 5. It happened 1 or 2 yards deep.. Plus, there is no cushion for holding.. I think he was holding, but because Crabtree put his hands on the DB first, the ref just let it go..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Oh that's how you justify it? Well tell me if that was the Saints in 2009, what would you say? "Oh it's OK we got those calls all year long, we lost fair and square" hell no, you'd be up and screaming and shouting.

This was the Super Bowl and the officials totally blew this game for them. They were selected to officiate the Super Bowl, why on Earth did Baltimore not get a single penalty for facemask or holding in that entire game? Where was the flags for this obvious really bad call? I'm not biased. I hate the 49ers, but I am looking at this from the perspective of if that was MY team, I'd be extremely ****** off at the NFL.

Of course it was holding, but the refs weren't calling anything all game long. So they were consistent which is the most important thing.

Crabtree was just as guilty on that play.

Oh that's how you justify it? Well tell me if that was the Saints in 2009, what would you say? "Oh it's OK we got those calls all year long, we lost fair and square" hell no, you'd be up and screaming and shouting.

This was the Super Bowl and the officials totally blew this game for them. They were selected to officiate the Super Bowl, why on Earth did Baltimore not get a single penalty for facemask or holding in that entire game? Where was the flags for this obvious really bad call? I'm not biased. I hate the 49ers, but I am looking at this from the perspective of if that was MY team, I'd be extremely ****** off at the NFL.

A game should never come down to a ref's decision. The 49ers had a hundred chances to do damage and screwed it up. Remember, they called plays like a run on 3rd and 13 on the opening drive. The punt resulted in good field position for the Ravens and a Raven's Touchdown. Then the next series the 49ers called another run on third and long.

If I were to blame one thing for the 49ers performance, it would be letting their nerves take over. It explains the overly emotional reaction to just about everything, the conservative play calling (to limit nervous mistakes like the over throw / Ed Reed interception), and it was like the 49ers could not make adjustments on the field until the power outage.

It was definitly PI and the ball was catchable, one 2 more steps towards the back pylon and that ball is in his hand (click on pic). But the refs were bad all game. It wasn't as bad and the holding (tackles) on the safety/punt.

But it doesn't matter because the 49ers lost. :hihi:

overthrow.jpg

It was definitly PI and the ball was catchable, one 2 more steps towards the back pylon and that ball is in his hand (click on pic). But the refs were bad all game. It wasn't as bad and the holding (tackles) on the safety/punt.

overthrow.jpg

Apples and oranges IMO. I believe the holds on the punt were intentional to ensure the safety gets called.

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Tapatalk 2

overthrow.jpg

I was wondering when someone would mention the holds on the punt. There is no doubt that they were instructed to hold, fight and claw as long as possible. One Raven was bear hugging a 49er from behind while his feet were searching for traction as he was being dragged for about 10 yards right in front of the ref.

overthrow.jpg

But if he catches the ball, does he keep both feet inbounds? Nobody can go back and second-guess a game-ending play like that.

One of my favorite lines: Karma is a *****.

It was defensive holding not Pass Interference.. The fact that the ball wasn't catchable isn't relevant, that only matters when it's pass interference. However, I think it was a good no call because both players were being physical.

I thought both players were playing hands. If anything, I would have called it both ways and given them one more play. That would have been better then a first down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom