If Taysom Isn't the Future, Payton Should Just Go Nuts With Him (1 Viewer)

IMHO Hill might be the future (or one of the biggest con jobs of the Payton Loomis era). However, the offense he is running was built for Drew. So I get the "lets see what we have in Hill" but I also get that Hill is just holding the seat warm for Drew.
I dont see Payton changing the DNA of the offense to suit a 3 game stretch. I think next off season is when we see an offense designed for Hill should Hill be the future.
However, I'm completely perplexed by Hill. On the surface an RPO QB would seem to go against the grain of a Payton designed pocket QB pass first offense? I haven't seen anything that would suggest Hill is Mahomes like (who we all know is who Payton was trying to draft).

First letter in RPO is read.....doesn't do that too well
You’re confusing the RPO offense with the read option. The former has a pass option; the latter generally does not—just the option for the qb to keep and run or toss it to the RB, depending on how the DE reacts.

This knee jerk week to week stuff is so silly...

Josh Allen in Buffalo's first 2 games were -

24 for 48 50%
1 Total TD and 2 Turnovers
12 rushes for 52 yards
Both of which were loses

I consider his Style of play and Taysom's to be very similar. (Obvious difference being Taysom is faster, and Josh has a better arm).

Taysom's first 2 starts are -

27 for 39 69%
4 Total TDs and 2 Turnovers
20 rushes for 93 yards
Both of which were Blowout Wins

I am sure that the Bills are glad they waited more than 2 games to pass judgement on Josh... and I am sure we have not seen the best of Taysom either... And I am more than positive it will take more than 2 games as a backup to Drew to really know for sure.

Come on people!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom