If Taysom Isn't the Future, Payton Should Just Go Nuts With Him (1 Viewer)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixir
Reaction score
Maybe he is the future? But if he's not, we gain nothing by holding him back or trying to make him into something he's not. Payton should just go nuts. RPOs, read option, boots, designed runs. Get every drop of production you can out of Hill with no regard for "saving him" for the future. Maybe that's the plan for Atlanta the second go around?

This guy is a rare breed of athlete. Utilize the guy to his strengths. I personally don’t care if we win like yesterday every game. Just win a darn Super Bowl is the main goal. If teams can’t sop his legs, then that’s their problem

We saw what 1 week of tape did for Taysom.

To Taysoms credit...missing Armstead and Peat hurt him for sure, but if you can't throw TDs you aren't going far

I don't think the Denver game, nor the Atlanta game, is a good gauge on Taysom's future and Payton's plan for him. The Broncos game really just looked like a scrimmage. I've never seen so many players pat guys on the back from the other team. There was very little spirit, other than our DL having a stat feast.

I do agree, don't take away what makes Taysom Taysom. I think Atlanta gives us a good game this week and I think we will learn a lot more over the next 4 games.

First letter in RPO is read.....doesn't do that too well
Actually it's RUN not READ. RUN/PASS Option (RPO)

It does require a read of the conflict defender, typically a LB. If that defender crashes on the run, pull the ball and throw over his head to the receiver behind him. If he stays back to cover the receiver route, hand the ball off to the ball carrier.

SFIAH

tenor.gif

Everyone can talk about the game feeling like a scrimmage, Payton being in taysoms ear, saying protect the ball etc... and use that as excuses for piss poor play. But when you drop back,pass over open relievers to throw into double and triple coverage, thats not Payton being in your ear unless payton was making his reads and it sure as he'll isnt protecting the ball. Its funny, taysom makes multiple horrible throws and there is a laundry list of excuses for it,yet jameis makes one last week and the first thread was "This is why jameis isn't a starting quarterback " lol

I think the body of work is too small at this stage to call for changes. I dont post here often but the overreaction, fickleness and people actually wanting him to fail so they can prove a point on the internet is sickening. In all probability you would need a season to accurately gauge what kind of a prospect he is at QB. There have been some mitigating factors like the changing of the game plan 24 hours beforehand which is bound to lead to confusion, doubt and hesitancy. Allied to the fact that he was missing 2 starting offensive line men, it became a slog for him. Look what he did against Falcons who dismantled the Raiders who in turn put over 30 points on the Chiefs. Look what Tua did against Denver who is touted as one of most exciting propsects in NFL. If you draw a line through the form book you could infer that Hill is neither a rubbish QB or the future QB but more evidence and time is needed. And most of all patience.

If Winston ever starts a game at QB for the Saints while either Taysom or Brees are - A.) healthy B.) on the team

I will change my avatar to "Eat a W Winston" for an entire year....

That's how positive I am that it will never happen, and that Sean will stick with (and has totally bought in on) Taysom.. and that he's only doing Winston a favor to help resurrect his otherwise dead career. (and that he is a "break glass only in emergency" / Mop up duty QB)

Last edited:
He isn't the future but that doesn't mean I don't want to get rid of him. I love it when he is out there as a TE/WR or RB I mean tbh we could maybe re-adjust his contract pay him less because he should know no team would probably want him as a QB and he continues his role as a swiss-army knife until his end of his days here at NOLA I would be perfectly fine with that.

God bless Taysom. Gotta love the guy. However, he's a one read QB. And he is very hesitant on that one read. You can only mask that for so long. By this age, I'm not certain Taysom can develop into a survey the field go through the progressions QB. He surely isn't decisive when his one read is there and is very inconsistent with anticipation and trusting his WR and throwing before the break is made.

Yesterday, he didn't have to be a legit QB. I doubt Atlanta will come with the same plan; even then, Taysom was dog poo in the first half and didn't resemble a legit QB. I'm rooting for the guy, but if it gets to where the game and first seed is in question, I'm all for putting Winston on the field.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom