If the Cowboys lose today (speculation) (1 Viewer)

Depends on how they lose. They come up short on a slugfest, then I think McCarthy is safe. They get obliterated by a 3rd string QB and SP is Dallas’ next HC.

I don’t care what JJ says. He’ll go back on his word in an instant if he thinks it’ll get him another Super Bowl ring.

Right now I would take McCarthy over Allen any day. And hire a studd defensive coordinator.
People laughed off my comment, but no one can provide any reason on why my statement was untrue. They are almost completely even in everything you judge a coach by. The delusion that you get rid of a back to back 12-5 Coach for Payton is absurd

McCarthy is not even close to the same caliber as Sean Payton. He’s a joke who can’t manage a clock, and chokes in the playoffs. I would be furious if we brought that toad in to be the HC. At least if you’re going to play coward ball, do it with a defensive minded HC!

JJ said this loss has no bearing on McCarthy’s job. Let him sleep on this knowing that Sean Payton is just waiting for the call.

McCarthy is not even close to the same caliber as Sean Payton. He’s a joke who can’t manage a clock, and chokes in the playoffs. I would be furious if we brought that toad in to be the HC. At least if you’re going to play coward ball, do it with a defensive minded HC!
I don't post here much and mainly just lurk. But how is he a joke compared to payton? He coached the packers from 2006 to 2018 with 9 playoff appearances and 1 super bowl win. Matter of fact that is the same amount for sean payton also. His overall record as a coach is 155-97-2 while payton overall record is 152-89 so they are not that much different. You may not like mike or the cowboys (I hate the cowboys) but mike is a good coach just like payton is a good coach.

I don't post here much and mainly just lurk. But how is he a joke compared to payton? He coached the packers from 2006 to 2018 with 9 playoff appearances and 1 super bowl win. Matter of fact that is the same amount for sean payton also. His overall record as a coach is 155-97-2 while payton overall record is 152-89 so they are not that much different. You may not like mike or the cowboys (I hate the cowboys) but mike is a good coach just like payton is a good coach.
I think Payton gets hyped up because he took a bottom five franchise and turned them into a functional organization. Not just functioning, but one of the marquee franchises of the 2000s. He built this franchise.
McCarthy is already following championship coaches in Lombardi and Holmgren. It’s easy to interpret that he’s riding of the previous success of the Packers.

I think Payton gets hyped up because he took a bottom five franchise and turned them into a functional organization. Not just functioning, but one of the marquee franchises of the 2000s. He built this franchise.
McCarthy is already following championship coaches in Lombardi and Holmgren. It’s easy to interpret that he’s riding of the previous success of the Packers.
Yeah but that is not mike's fault he followed lombardi and Holmgren. That is what good franchises do replace good coaches with good coaches. Steelers only had 3 coaches since 1969 and all 3 have won a super bowl. That shouldn't be a strike against Cowher cause he followed Knoll and same with Tomlin.

Yeah but that is not mike's fault he followed lombardi and Holmgren. That is what good franchises do replace good coaches with good coaches. Steelers only had 3 coaches since 1969 and all 3 have won a super bowl. That shouldn't be a strike against Cowher cause he followed Knoll and same with Tomlin.
It’s a double edge sword. But, no offense to MM, but Payton has a star like personality. That gets him to another level too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom