If the Dallas Game Counts as a Win....... (1 Viewer)

Pocket Hercules

Always Locked In
Reaction score
.......then so does Atlanta's win against San Francisco. I have always been proud of how intelligent Saints fans are compared to the rest of the NFL fanbase, particularly the members of this site. However, I can just see a select few here justifying why Atlanta should have one or two less wins than they do, while pointing to Nate Clement's fumble as a "gift" that Atlanta did not deserve. Roddy White ran down Clements and ripped that ball out with purpose just like Jenkins did yesterday, and both teams similarly went down the field for the winning score. Just saying - you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Now I'm going to go throw up for defending a Failcon win, but it will at least help me feel better about our win yesterday. To be completely honest, I have had a tough time not feeling like it was a loss. The Saints should have run that team out of their own building, but we let off the gas pedal way too early - something Sean Payton needs to work on as a head coach. When your foot is squarely against the back of their neck, and their teeth are flush against the concrete, you must complete the curb-stomp.

.......then so does Atlanta's win against San Francisco. I have always been proud of how intelligent Saints fans are compared to the rest of the NFL fanbase, particularly the members of this site. However, I can just see a select few here justifying why Atlanta should have one or two less wins than they do, while pointing to Nate Clement's fumble as a "gift" that Atlanta did not deserve. Roddy White ran down Clements and ripped that ball out with purpose just like Jenkins did yesterday, and both teams similarly went down the field for the winning score. Just saying - you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Now I'm going to go throw up for defending a Failcon win, but it will at least help me feel better about our win yesterday. To be completely honest, I have had a tough time not feeling like it was a loss. The Saints should have run that team out of their own building, but we let off the gas pedal way too early - something Sean Payton needs to work on as a head coach. When your foot is squarely against the back of their neck, and their teeth are flush against the concrete, you must complete the curb-stomp.

I am trying to figure it out what you just said.......

Why did you have to bring this up? Are you looking for a confrontation or something? There is no need to come here and blabber your mouth like that. Just let it go dude, people are going to act how they want on the internet, so let them.

49er's probably would have won if Clement doesn't fumble. Cowboy's probably win if Williams holds on. Saint's would have won if Hartley makes a chip shot. Let's have cake...

Well, that was a game sealing interception that most guys just get down or run out of bounds with.

Roy Williams, being the offensive player in our scenario was doing what he was supposed to do, and we made him pay. It's really not quite the same at all when you view the situation that surrounded it.

Neg rep the guy all you want, but he's right. A gritty Atlanta team won a game they should have lost, and a gritty Saints team won a game they should have lost. The difference is that Atlanta has several of those wins this season, like the first game against us.

Now I'm going to go throw up for defending a Failcon win, but it will at least help me feel better about our win yesterday.

I do not, and will never defend a Falcons win just to justify a Saints win. I am a Saints fan. The Saints winning is all I need. I hate the Falcons. In my mind, they never deserve to win and they are always cheaters.

Exactly. Be good, intelligent fans, not whiners like Vikings fans. Let's hold ourselves to a higher standard, and not be the fanbase that complains that the Saints "should have won," or another team got lucky. It's cheap, predictable, and people have been saying it about winners for longer than any of us have been alive.

send em a pm next time....

sorry to hear that. should clear right up in a few days.

Sorry but we had bad plays that cost us putting this game away.....Atlanta struggled that entire game vs the 49ers

Totally different.

Also take into consideration the hands to the face call against the Saints that should have clearly at least been off setting penalties for the facemask against dallas which handed the cowboys 3 before the half. Then the blatant holding penalty after the half when Witten threw his hands in the air, almost admitting guilt, handing them another 7 points.

When you add all that into the equation, the Saints fought through adversity to stay in the game. falcons, not so much. IIRC, atlanta got handed the calls from the refs as well as the game from a defensive player that should know better.

I'm not bitter by any means, but lets compare apples to apples here, which those two games were not. I firmly believe after this week, with the Saints breathing down the falcons' neck and the Packers coming in flying high, we're going to see atlanta for the farce they are.

Sorry, but if you are trying to say the Atlanta strip and Jenkins strip are comparable then you fail. Yeah, they were both strips and they were near the end of the game but that's about where it ends.

Williams should have been trying to score.

The SF player should have just taken a knee and let his offense run out the clock.

If you feel like yesterday was a loss then that is entirely on you. I don't know what it takes to make some people happy, but I am certainly not inclined to join you in your misery.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom