If the Dallas Game Counts as a Win....... (1 Viewer)

I didn't see the failclown-niner game so I can't compare.
I do NOT have a hard time accepting yesterday's win. The cowboys got every bounce in that game and the officials were doing their best to hand them that contest as well. We wrestled the game away from them because we wanted it more-so we deserved to win- and I believe it is a sign of things to come.
Don't let me whiz in your cheerios though. Carry on.

The NFL isn't college football, there are no style points, a win is a win.

WE won...the falcons should all die.

I have no problem being totally pro Saints and ant-falcons. I do not care if the wins were the same, we deserve it and they do not.

49er's probably would have won if Clement doesn't fumble. Cowboy's probably win if Williams holds on. Saint's would have won if Hartley makes a chip shot. Let's have cake...

the score with atl will be settled in a few weeks.

should clear right up in a few days.

Agreed on all three counts. Saints deserved to win, and win they did, but it should not have been that close. The Cowboys played better relative to their capability than the Saints did, and you always hate to see that. A few days and a thrashing of the Bungles will be all the salve I need.

rod woodson said it best on nfl network last night. to be a great team you have to win the ugly ones... every week cant be ugly, but when it is, you must win it.

he was talking about the jets... but stilll.... it applies...

When did our fanbase lose its cajones?

I've got mine and I can't comprehend feeling guilty about winning in any fashion. What's the matter this win wasn't pretty enough?

And as for the fowlclowns there's no doubt that they've won some tough games and who knows it might even be their year, they do seem to be getting all of the breaks.

But even if they manage to get to the Super Bowl I'll still say screw the fowlclowns,

As far as I'm concerned they're just like the cowpies I don't like them and I never will.
I don't care if they lose pretty or lose ugly as long as they lose.

I thought the same thing as the OP as the game ended. But then I wised up.

Williams is supposed to score in that situation. The Saints are supposed to tackle him, hold to a FG, get the ball back with no TO's and about 50 sec left on the clock and need a TD to win by 1.

Nate Clements isn't supposed to score. He isn't even supposed to run. He is supposed to fall down and the offense comes out and runs out the clock in the victory formation. My 18 mo. old son knows how to fall down. Surely a professional athlete knows how to fall down.

Were the Saints a bit lucky? Yes, just as lucky as the Cowboys were when the ball bounced right into their hands after two fumbles in the 2nd half.

Were the clowns a bit lucky? No. They were amazingly, that stuff only happens once every couple of years lucky. It's not every day you win a game because a guy on the other team forgot how to fall down. It's your fault, Isaac Newton!

.......then so does Atlanta's win against San Francisco. I have always been proud of how intelligent Saints fans are compared to the rest of the NFL fanbase, particularly the members of this site. However, I can just see a select few here justifying why Atlanta should have one or two less wins than they do, while pointing to Nate Clement's fumble as a "gift" that Atlanta did not deserve. Roddy White ran down Clements and ripped that ball out with purpose just like Jenkins did yesterday, and both teams similarly went down the field for the winning score. Just saying - you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Now I'm going to go throw up for defending a Failcon win, but it will at least help me feel better about our win yesterday. To be completely honest, I have had a tough time not feeling like it was a loss. The Saints should have run that team out of their own building, but we let off the gas pedal way too early - something Sean Payton needs to work on as a head coach. When your foot is squarely against the back of their neck, and their teeth are flush against the concrete, you must complete the curb-stomp.

Say whut now?........................................................
squidbillies.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom