If the Dallas Game Counts as a Win....... (1 Viewer)

Sorry, but if you are trying to say the Atlanta strip and Jenkins strip are comparable then you fail. Yeah, they were both strips and they were near the end of the game but that's about where it ends.

Williams should have been trying to score.

The SF player should have just taken a knee and let his offense run out the clock.

If you feel like yesterday was a loss then that is entirely on you. I don't know what it takes to make some people happy, but I am certainly not inclined to join you in your misery.

Dude!!! Williams didn't have to score!!! He was already inside the 15 yardline!!!! The Atlanta strip which we are talking about is the identical to what happened to the Saints on Thursday. Even Williams said he could have just gone down.

Why are you soooo blind to see that????

Neg rep the guy all you want, but he's right. A gritty Atlanta team won a game they should have lost, and a gritty Saints team won a game they should have lost. The difference is that Atlanta has several of those wins this season, like the first game against us.

Yeah and?

Last time I checked, that SF game put a W in Atlanta's record and nobody here was saying it should be a loss. I've heard it should HAVE been a loss should SF not make a mistake, but it was still a win.

I'm just tryin' to figure out a need for this conversation in the first place. We all know both games count as W's after all. That plus a Saints fan taking any sort of position that would even remotely defend the damnedable Falcons is kind'a party foul. Worse than spilling beer kinda party foul.

Feeling like a win was a loss might be the most ridiculous thing ever. I have never ever felt like a win was a loss. I have never felt like a loss was a win either.

We won. You should feel great about it. If we won the Super Bowl in the same fashion, would you feel like you were not world champions? I wouldn't. I would still feel like we were the champs because WE WOULD BE, WE WON.

After years and years of heartbreaking losses, I'll take a few heart-jolting wins!! Karma OWES Saints fans that much. lol. Even after the Super Bowl.

Dude!!! Williams didn't have to score!!! He was already inside the 15 yardline!!!! The Atlanta strip which we are talking about is the identical to what happened to the Saints on Thursday. Even Williams said he could have just gone down.

Because could and should mean different things.

A defensive player who gets an INT or fumble recovery at the end of the game SHOULD fall down if his offense can go into victory mode and run out the clock. Watch a Patriots game and see how a smart, well-coached team handles situations like that.

Roy Williams says he COULD have just gone down. Of course he could have -- and everybody who fumbles probably wishes they had fallen down.

But up 4 points with over 3 minutes to play, with the opponent having a TO and the 2-minute warning, you can't just fall down, even if you are at the 15 yard line. You can't run out the clock without picking up another first down, and that's not particularly likely in that situation, since you will be playing extremely conservatively. If you kick a FG, the opposing team is a TD drive away from sending the game into OT. A TD on that play makes it a 10-point game with 3 minutes to play.

Williams was taking a worthwhile risk in running for the endzone. Nate Clements was being selfish on a poorly coached team.

Feeling like a win was a loss might be the most ridiculous thing ever. I have never ever felt like a win was a loss. I have never felt like a loss was a win either.

We won. You should feel great about it. If we won the Super Bowl in the same fashion, would you feel like you were not world champions? I wouldn't. I would still feel like we were the champs because WE WOULD BE, WE WON.

After years and years of heartbreaking losses, I'll take a few heart-jolting wins!! Karma OWES Saints fans that much. lol. Even after the Super Bowl.

I don't know why but that cracked me the hell up. I think it's because so many Cowboys fans around here are telling themselves they won the game. I can't even begin to comprehend it, but that's what it has come to for that fanbase: almost wins - AKA losses - are just as good as real wins. It's surreal and I cackle uncontrollably listening to their "logic". It's downright pitiful, but I can't help but to laugh. It's like a crazy person telling you the sky is green. Okay little buddy. If you say so.

I've never experienced that phenomenon where a win feels like a loss (or vice versa). How is it possible? My brain won't let me forget that we actually won, so...

Ok if we want to play this game then....take away the reggie fumble and the tipped pass for interception which turned into dallas scoring 14 points then we are not even talking about a close game. Not to mention the missed pass to reggie in the red zone that we settled for 3 on.

And those were big give aways on the Saints part. Yes Dallas had some take aways as well that cost them. But all in all the Saints scored more points off of regular possesions than takeaways can't say the same for Dallas.

Point is both teams had some costly turn overs but at the end of the Day the best team won. The New Orleans Saints!

LMAO, that's bizzarre. No offensive player in the league would have gone down voluntarily in that spot. Not a single one. There were over three minutes left and you can bet at the time that play started they were thinking they needed a TD put the game out of reach.

Come again?

Exactly which game were you watching?

My point is, our win was near miraculous. Williams should not have been trying to score, at least that argument can be made. Cowboys get a 47-yard gain on 3rd and 6, down to the 10 yard line, up by 4, 4 minutes left. Jenkins makes a great play, strips the ball, Saints get the ball back, score.

Clements picks it off, should have gone to the ground, gets stripped by White, Falcons get the ball back, score.

The two situations are very similar, and only total homers can fail to see it.

My point is, our win was near miraculous. Williams should not have been trying to score, at least that argument can be made. Cowboys get a 47-yard gain on 3rd and 6, down to the 10 yard line, up by 4, 4 minutes left. Jenkins makes a great play, strips the ball, Saints get the ball back, score.

Clements picks it off, should have gone to the ground, gets stripped by White, Falcons get the ball back, score.

The two situations are very similar, and only total homers can fail to see it.

That's just silly. With that much time left, you can bet that before the play no one was suggesting that if a player made it within FG range that they should take a knee. Their mideset had to be to make that a two score game. You can't expect a player to make calculations about running out the clock while he is on the run 15 yards from the end zone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom