If the Defense had stayed healthy...? (1 Viewer)

the JL signing really bugs me. imo one of the most problematic signing gaffes of the last few years. this whole "bringing in guys for leadership" stuff needs to stop. how about the coaches help turn our talented players into leaders and we stop blowing money on washed up players to fill that void?

And the really problematic thing about the signing is its relationship to the play of one of last season's number one draft choices, a pick that came via the trade of Jimmy Graham. And to make it even worse, the Hawks got Graham and Lockett while the Saints got Unger and Anthony. Unger was a home run. Anthony was not, at least so far.

And the really problematic thing about the signing is its relationship to the play of one of last season's number one draft choices, a pick that came via the trade of Jimmy Graham. And to make it even worse, the Hawks got Graham and Lockett while the Saints got Unger and Anthony. Unger was a home run. Anthony was not, at least so far.

We also got out from under Graham's contract though. So that has to be factored in. Still, your point remains. Anthony was exactly the sort of pick we can't miss on. Yet apparently we did. But I do wonder whether he'll end up with another team and become an effective player. He seems exactly the type to do that.

Of course every team had injuries. But nearly every single corner we came out of the draft with ended up on IR or released due to injury.

5 of them. Breaux, Williams, Swann, White, Crawley.

Don't try to say that losing that much talent wouldn't hurt even the best of teams.

Of course every team had injuries. But nearly every single corner we came out of the draft with ended up on IR or released due to injury.

Don't try to say that losing that much talent wouldn't hurt even the best of teams.

And we lost Vaccaro to suspension for the last four games.

We're not a Super Bowl worthy defense by any means, but without all the injuries we suffered on defense, we are easily in the playoffs!

we have some things to be excited about next year in my opinion. I'm still having trouble convincing myself that DA is our answer at DC but he seems to do well enough and there was some improvement but when you start at the bottom of the barrel it doesn't take much to improve from that. I guess I give him partial credit and more talent partial credit for the improvement. If we improve only a little next year I think we're in for a treat. I think every saints fan right now knows the importance of special teams and that's another area we really need to improve in.

Also Kyle Wilson

I honestly can't say that any of our other corners wouldn't have been an upgrade over Sterling Moore, the guy played better than any #2 corner we've had in years.

I honestly don't think the injuries mattered. We lack an edge rusher. We lack at least one proven corner and we're young at a lot of positions. The future is bright but the past is just that.

Although a small sample, I feel PJ Williams seemed without a doubt an upgrade over Moore. I know many disagree but from day 1 I felt he was our best draft pick of 2015, really sucks about his injuries. I think Saints played it smart by putting him on IR though and give him a full year away from that concussion. I was actually upset we didn't grab him in 2nd round, couldn't believe he was still there in 3rd.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom