If the draft fell like this (1 Viewer)

I'm totally serious when I ask,
If the draft is in April, can we not cut Harper before June?

i believe they can desginate up to 2 players a june 1st cut and you can divide the cap hit into 2 seasons instead of one. but in order to do that the player must have at least one year other than this year left on his contract... so vilma isnt a candidate for that but harper is.

Firstly I'd kick the cat AND the dog, then I'd check my voicemail to see if trading down was a possibility, then I'd remember I was "on the clock", I'd kick the dog ONCE more for good measure and reluctantly take Ansah...

But I'd really rather Jones, Johnson, Jordan or Richardson.

Oh man....PETA would be all over you well before you make that pick!!

Trade with Vikings

I've been thinking more and more on this. The Vikings, granted, have a number of holes. But they have like, what, Greg Childs and Jerome Simpson at WR? And that's it? The trade of Percy Harvin has left a huuuuuge void, and they failed to close in on the top WR options.

Greg Jennings is still out there, and they could use one of the first rounders to make a run at Victor Cruz, so there are two options available. By no means is it guaranteed. But with 2 first rounders now, they should be able to bundle them and move into the 8-12 range. If the Vikings don't make a play for Cruz, I think they have to seriously consider moving up for Patterson if he makes it to #8. Of course, none of this would likely involve us in any way.

Trade down to back of first round if possible and shoot for Collins or Trufant...

Ansah and it's not even close. Shocked some of you would rather trade down than take Ansah at 15.

Ansah or.... Surprise... Alec Ogletree. He is winning on me as an OLB. I know, I know..

Easily Ansah. I'd even consider Kenny Vaccaro, or trade down for Okafor, Cyprien, or Jamie Collins.

Its hard to say just how good Ansah is. He played for BYU and their schedule is hardly cream of the crop. Yes, he dominated, but could he have done the same thing in the SEC. Combine numbers are one thing, but strapped up, on the field, with bodies flying around is totally different. I'm not saying he will not be successful, I'm just saying you have to take a serious look at that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom